Acme Bakery
You still have that magic touch Steve,beautiful work Thumbsup
Steve,

This is coming along very nicely, I really like the peeled paint effect and also the signage. I look forward to this model being completed in the near future.

Keep the updates coming!
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
Mr Fixit Wrote:I hope that bumper post is very strong and well secured or I can foresee some expensive building alterations occuring should anyone get a bit rough when switching that siding.

Acme Bakery, mmmm so does Wile E. Coyote work there or order his cakes and pastries from there? 357

Mark

One of the guys I used to run trains with was a big fan of Eric Clapton's band Cream. There was a Ginger Bakery on his layout. Wink

Andrew
Thank you Mr. Nutbar Worship
Greg....Thank you sir Thumbsup
Andrew...That is a great name!!! Goldth

Working on this weird door on the right:
[Image: acme1.jpg]

First I made a little jig that would get the angles of the door right, and keep it in place as I glued it:
[Image: IMG_20150323_213956_476%202%20small.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150323_214148_484%202%20small.jpg]

Painted it up, and a quick test fit:
[Image: IMG_20150324_212048_457%202%20small.jpg]

I will live with them a while, and see if they grow on me....not sure about them yet. Next I'll do the small single doors, and get going on the windows.
Steve
Steve: you're going to have to put a picture of that door on the edge of the layout next to the bakery.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:Steve: you're going to have to put a picture of that door on the edge of the layout next to the bakery.

Icon_twisted Nope If you don't, the doors will become great "Question Generators" - - - :oops: but then, you will need to fabricate an answer to those questions. Wink Wink Big Grin 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
How does that door function? It is a door, really?
Reinhard
Steve Wrote:[Image: acme1.jpg]

It appears that some part of that door may swing vertically up and out - note the stain on the door jamb between the lower part and the white section.

Wayne
They might not actually use that opening as a doorway. It looks like it's a screen to me, the existing steel door (that I think I see behind the screen) would get rolled up for ventilation while the screen would minimize unwanted intruders/animals.
Steve you have done a great job!
O.K. may be i can solder brass, but i have my very difficulties to do this scratchbuilding job in form of "shrinking" a real 1:1 building into 1:87 size and to capture the real look alike.
And this capturing, so my opinion, of the "real look" or call it transferring from real life onto your layout that is the art of modelling.

Lutz
Rscott417 Wrote:They might not actually use that opening as a doorway. It looks like it's a screen to me, the existing steel door (that I think I see behind the screen) would get rolled up for ventilation while the screen would minimize unwanted intruders/animals.

You are absolutely right....I modeled it using a different pic that made it look solid.......back to the drawing board Icon_lol

Schraddel Wrote:Steve you have done a great job!
O.K. may be i can solder brass, but i have my very difficulties to do this scratchbuilding job in form of "shrinking" a real 1:1 building into 1:87 size and to capture the real look alike.
And this capturing, so my opinion, of the "real look" or call it transferring from real life onto your layout that is the art of modelling.

Lutz
Lutz...I appreciate your most gracious words Thumbsup
I am very envious of your talent and patience. I don't believe that I could do what you do, no matter how long I tried Wink . If what you do is not "the art of modeling" then I don't know what else you would call it. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Steve
Steve

Looks like it is time to raid the panty hose drawer?
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
mountaingoatgreg Wrote:Steve

Looks like it is time to raid the panty hose drawer?

Oh Dear Me. You had better re-qualify that statement Steve or people might develop the wrong idea about you and/or this forum. Eek 35 Nope Icon_lol

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
I dunno....I can think of better places to find pantyhose. Goldth

Another option is the material used in silk screening:

[Image: TheBeeandsomefreightcars012.jpg]

[Image: Kitbashingprojects609.jpg]

It's normally white, but can be easily coloured using a marker.

If you opt for pantyhose (a disgusting invention, in my opinion), buy new, which will allow you to choose the colour and the density of the weave.

Wayne
This is a current pic from Google maps. A new business (still a bakery) has replaced Acme, but the door in question remains the same. The top section looks like closed vents and not the upper part of a door. However, even lower (where the graffiti is on the screen) looks more like ventilation, than a door. Google maps does distort images so hard to say, but this particular shot looks relatively clear.

Any new thoughts from this shot?
[Image: Acme%20door.png]
Steve