Weekly Photo Fun - March 27th-April 2nd, 2015
One can never have too many Metroliners. Thankfully, unlike the real thing, these run great. The only real nuisance is keeping all the lights on (brief losses of power shuts them off).

I now have two trainsets, and I'm hoping to get a third sometime later this year. In particular, I want to model Snackbar coach 868, which was the only unrebuilt Metroliner to get the Phase II striping (all of Walthers other Phase II cars aren't quite right). The balance will be the Penn Central painted variety, which would let me to a 6 car PC set.

The cost kills me, but a third trainset would not only allow me to get all the consist variety I'm looking for, but would also allow me to run my "hour of NEC" without having to juggle or recylce a consist (there would be two eastbounds and a westbound in a single "hour")

These are the trainsets as I ran them at this year's open house. It was fun to shuffle the consists so that I didn't bring out the same train every time. Once or twice I got someone to drive the other trainset, and we'd have a Metroliner set zipping around the club layout in both directions.

Trainset 1

[Image: P3122294.jpg]

Trainset 2

[Image: P3122289.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Black Friday
[Image: IMG_4011_zpszc0vuxy0.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4009_zpsptvtkzcr.jpg]
Reinhard
:hey: It was a long time in the works, but it is now here: :hey:

A pic of the first S gauge BFT BOX CAR, I just got my custom decals from Rail Graphics the BFT is now a little more real 2285_ Will now have to look out for S sized car data sets. I found in my accumulation of trains a Lionel Red caboose with no lettering or numbers on it but otherwise complete it will also get the BFT logo.

Working on my chainsaw shop.

[Image: Repair%2B15.jpg]
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
faraway Wrote:Black Friday

I'm off by one digit! A pair of High-hood GP38s hauling a short train alongside Route 676 from Pavonia Yard, Camden NJ. Excuse the "fuzzy" picture, I took this shot from a PATCO train, which really needed a trip through the wash rack.

[Image: BettershotCamdenGP38s.png]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Caught this X58B boxcar in the yard.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

I happened to catch this ex UP unit second out at Leetonia, Pa. Waiting for a crew I would guess. It is unbelievable how congested it is around here.    
Charlie
CN train 422 heads east out of the Hamilton Yard towards Bayview Junction.There were 10 locomotives on the head end including 8 new ES44AC units being delivered from the GE plant in ERIE PA.

[Image: 4956ad0a-15fd-4f9c-a68b-ba24179b626a.jpg]
AF350 Wrote::hey: It was a long time in the works, but it is now here: :hey:

A pic of the first S gauge BFT BOX CAR, I just got my custom decals from Rail Graphics the BFT is now a little more real 2285_ Will now have to look out for S sized car data sets. I found in my accumulation of trains a Lionel Red caboose with no lettering or numbers on it but otherwise complete it will also get the BFT logo.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Looks great! Thumbsup
AF350 had stated " I just got my custom decals from Rail Graphics... "

I tried to use that co. but was somewhat disappointed by them. They were not able to reproduce my herald Nope .. Tomustang and I spent several hours working on different fonts and designs for them, but they were not able to print them. They told me that the fine lines of the herald and lettering could not be done with their equipment. So I am searching for another printer that can. if any one else had a similar problem and found a co. that could deliver ,,, please let me know.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
[Image: Viaduct%20095%20small.jpg]
Steve
Steve, that is an awesome pic of that bridge, really like it Thumbsup
Thank you sir! Wink
Steve
AF350 Wrote:Steve, that is an awesome pic of that bridge, really like it Thumbsup

"Awesome" isn't the half of it...It's SUPERB...!!

GREAT JOB..!!

Although I would NEVER ride a train that went over something like THAT...
Gus (LC&P).
Thank you Gus! Thumbsup
How about a shot from your pike? Popcornbeer
Steve