WEAKENED PHOTO FUN April 10th-16th
Might as well get this started on the proper day, at least. Misngth

While I hadn't intended to do any more work on the second level of my layout until I got some other tasks out of the way, I decided to start the roundhouse for the Mount Forest terminal area.
I've had this Korber kit for a number of years, with the intention of using it here. It was too long for my requirements and too big for the intended locale, too, so I lopped-off one two-window bay from the rear. Because of the proximity of the tight radius curve which passes behind it to gain access to the upper staging yard, across the aisle, I also shortened #1 stall.

[Image: ROUNDHOUSE%20AT%20MOUNT%20FOREST...%20005.jpg]

This is a resin kit, and I since didn't trust ca for permanent assembly, I used machine screws in conjunction with JB Weld epoxy. The screw heads haven't yet been filled over. I'm also ditching the kit's wood truss framing and cardstock and gravel roofs for styrene, as I want the roof to be removeable.

Wayne
Wayne,

Always enjoy your model builds and how you always explain how and what your doing.
Now that you started the "WEAKENED" photo fun we will probably have twice the amount of posters. Misngth

Bruce
WPMA-29 sets out a tank car for ACME.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

bdw9535 Wrote:Wayne,

....Now that you started the "WEAKENED" photo fun we will probably have twice the amount of posters. Misngth

I figured weakened would be more appropriate, since participation seems to have fallen off lately. :wait: Misngth

Bruce, the addition of ground cover makes your already attractive layout look even better. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
I was hunting for a particular photo for someone and stumbled across this. It's probably been seen here before, but I kinda like it and decided to give it a replay here.

[Image: Weights%20for%20Rolling%20Stock%20020.jpg]

Wayne
[/quote]

I figured weakened would be more appropriate, since participation seems to have fallen off lately. :wait: Misngth

Cheers Right on Doctor Wayne---so many great modellers,so few weekly photo contributions 35 35 35

Let's try and get this thread busy again

[Image: 01020Large.jpg]
Sag Harbor Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Co. outside frame 3' gauge 2-4-4-2, stands clear as coal is being delivered to the tower, by the Sagaponack Montauk and Cindys Harbor, standard gauge line.

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Some "Old Friends" Wink Wink

And: a "bash" of an Athearn boat, into "Sinbad", preparing to depart on a day cruise.

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Sagaponack Montauk & Cindys Harbor, FTa-b, F7a, cross the upper kennequogue River on the High Bridge.

With all that posted, I am now "Weakened" Wink Wink 357 357 357
For it's first showing the new Z layout was quite popular.Neither layout is finished but for the time being they are both done. Big Grin

[Image: Z-3-ii.jpg]

[Image: Z-3-jj.jpg]

Keeping the layout company was my friend Bill's new Z layout progress.

[Image: Bills_Z-layout-2.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
My contribution,

I decided to finally finish off the building from the kitbash challenge. I have been wanting to build the addition, but I just wasn't motivated until this weekend. It actually went together fairly quickly and looks good.

Here is the skeleton of the building:
[Image: 20150409_163533.jpg]

Here is the finished piece prior to placement:
[Image: 20150409_174228.jpg]

And here it is in place with the main building:
[Image: 20150410_222915.jpg]

Now all that is left is to add the pavement around the plant........

Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
Hopefully I'll be able to link a very short video of the Lachlan River RR steam power on the American Modular Group at the local Easter Train Show.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://vid1056.photobucket.com/albums/t361/JaBearz/DSCF5902_zpserraz2dt.mp4">http://vid1056.photobucket.com/albums/t ... raz2dt.mp4</a><!-- m -->
Cheers, the Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
Here's a shot of a Milwaukee Road tall cupola caboose.

[Image: DSCF0260.jpg]

Cheers
Andy Kramer - modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin
The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.milwaukeemodelers.net">www.milwaukeemodelers.net</a><!-- w -->
A new idea for a future Extra-train:

[Image: train_03k.jpg]

The large pressure tank after a real prototype in center needs its color and lettering yet and the small G1 of N&W must receive a decoder, including a new lettering.
Ok, the caboose must be also a more N&W prototypical one, however that needs a bit more time, I think.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.