Weekly photo fun May 1st - 7th, 2015
Picking an empty, we'll be right back with new ones
[Image: IMG_4045_zpsac7dxjun.jpg]
Here we go
[Image: IMG_4049_zpstoy8ssj8.jpg]
Reinhard
PRT 5709 & crew headed down to switch Fast Oil & Water Recycling ,they're at the end of the Dundee spur. They hook on to a empty C&D hopper & 2 loaded tank cars that are parked on the line . This is a end of the line op so the pick up the empty go up the line a 1/4 mile to a small run around drop the car & push back the loaded to the plant & drop off the other cars back on the line!!!!!! Still a work in progress!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

kamerad47 Wrote:PRT 5709 & crew headed down to switch Fast Oil & Water Recycling ,they're at the end of the Dundee spur. They hook on to a empty C&D hopper & 2 loaded tank cars that are parked on the line . This is a end of the line op so the pick up the empty go up the line a 1/4 mile to a small run around drop the car & push back the loaded to the plant & drop off the other cars back on the line!!!!!! Still a work in progress!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup
Your scenery is looking great.
Charlie
Caught WPMA-17 leaving the yard and took some roll by shots.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Excellent start to the week.Looks like it's another busy morning at the Leetown roundhouse.

[Image: 012-2.jpg]
Not railroad, but truly a heritage unit. Beaver County (PA) airport, Air Heritage Museum.
P-51C of the Commemorative Air Force. Tuskegee Red Tail.
This is my son, who also volunteers at Air Heritage, and Colonel Shepard    
And this is the star of the week-end events.        
Charlie
The newest addition to the Backyard and Southern.

[Image: IMG_6886.JPG]

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Blast from the past.

Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.

That gondola is simple and beautiful some times the simpler the paint scheme and lettering the more striking and effective the look of the rolling stock. I have a blue box car that I was going to make a gauge box car out of but the BBG logo was a bit complex but the lettering on the gondola has inspired me to complete the box car or at least Letter it for the gauge railroad.

Fiat fan,

Like the new loco enjoy it Thumbsup
" The newest addition to the Backyard and Southern."
Good looking Three truck Shay Thumbsup Thumbsup Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Charlie B Wrote:Not railroad, but truly a heritage unit. Beaver County (PA) airport, Air Heritage Museum.
P-51C of the Commemorative Air Force. Tuskegee Red Tail.
This is my son, who also volunteers at Air Heritage, and Colonel Shepard
And this is the star of the week-end events.]
Charlie

Very cool!

I saw a similar two-seat version of the P51C a few summers ago. I'm surprised there are so many older model Mustangs around. This P51 was flying with a B17 and a B24 as part of the Collings Foundation.

In the background is a TBM Avenger reconfigured as a personal plane.

[Image: P9020135.jpg]

The TBM wasn't super attractive to begin with, but I don't think the rebuild improved its appearance one bit.

[Image: P9020140.jpg]

[Image: P9020083.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Chris, I think the B17 you show is the one that overshot the runway at the Beaver County Air Show several years ago. The Air Heritage group put her back together I am told.
I can't make out the tail number, but the R and DR work. I think the one at Beaver county was 231969 on the tail.
Charlie
If you visit Hamilton Ontario,I highly recommend a visit to our Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum.As well as our famous Lancaster bomber and many more warplanes,last year we had a special visitor---here's a few pictures.

[Image: P1170131_zps41559582.jpg]

[Image: P1170130_zps278960a9.jpg]

[Image: P1170136_zps1a375e3f.jpg]

[Image: P1170139_zps70f1725c.jpg]

[Image: P1170144_zpsca22ffd3.jpg]
Wow lots of air cover this week. Last air show I went to was at Rickenbacker(also known as Lockbourne at one time). I will have to look and see if I have some pics stored away of the 2 migs and giant cargo plane(ex- Russian) from Ukraine that were at the show. Got to sit in a Tornado from Germany/Great Britain.
Well, I didn't know there was so much interest in airplanes here. Here is the C123 K that they fly to many air shows around the country.    
and here is a C47 that will be flying very soon. It's going in the hanger for paint today.    

If anyone is in this area (Beaver Falls, Pa, Beaver County Airport) they are open from 9 to 5 daily. It is interesting just to talk to the old veterans that are there.
Charlie