Weekly Photo Fun - May 8th-14th, 2015
Seeing as no one seems to have much to offer for the WPF, I'll join the crowd with more "not much to offer". Crazy

While I'm not currently working on the roundhouse at Mount Forest, I decided that it was finally time to intall the Tichy coaling tower which will serve it. It's been sitting around, built, for probably at least 20 years. Because the run-through tracks will sit on a concrete pad which is part of the tower's foundation, I added a half-length of cork road bed to either side of the pad. Once the glue has hardened, I'll use sandpaper to taper the outer ends right down to the plywood layout top.
Here's a view from the roundhouse area, with a couple jugs of limestone ballast to keep things in place:

[Image: ROUNDHOUSE%20AT%20MOUNT%20FOREST...%20029.jpg]

...and looking north, with two containers of hopper coal (Black Beauty blasting medium) making an impression:

[Image: ROUNDHOUSE%20AT%20MOUNT%20FOREST...%20028.jpg]

This area is going to eat-up turnouts pretty quickly, so my next step will be to finalise the track arrangement, to get an idea of what will be needed.

Wayne
Seems like its about time to get that great looking Tichy coaling tower on the layout! Smile

As for me, I found this B&O caboose to go with the pair of F7s I bought earlier this year to run a coal train through the Kings Port Division from the B&O.

[Image: 003_zps1lnuzfab.jpg]
The beginnings of another great scene on Wayne's layout!
Great shot Ralph...love that rock work in the back Thumbsup Thumbsup

[Image: Start%20of%20work%20day%20.2%20small.jpg]
Steve
NJT 4120 on the high line slowing for the station & PRT 2457 & crew stopping at the street crossing & digging out some gons for Coastal Recyclng parked on the line !!! still a work in progress !!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

I have here a candidate for the ugliest train!

These are actually particularly rare Washington D.C. Metro rapid transit/Subway cars, produced by Walthers many moons ago. The models are not necessarily dimensionally accurate, and these specific examples are in rough shape to boot. While nothing is broken, they do not roll, and the decals are either damaged or missing altogether. Both cars are dummies.

The models reportedly did not sell very well, and they were not produced long, though this is perhaps unsurprising. It seems only the rapid transit trains to gain popularity are the New York City Subways.

The prototype was built by Rohr and delivered between 1973 and 1976 when the line opened. The 75' cars are arranged in "married pairs" of two single-cab cars back to back. Each car has 82 seats, plus standing room, and a maximum speed of 75 MPH. These cars are only now up for retirement, taking place between now and 2017. Reportedly, they are not reliable in collisions.

[Image: P5082795.jpg]

[Image: P5082784.jpg]

[Image: P5082785.jpg]

[Image: P5082783.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Some photos from the road
[Image: IMG_4076_zps1mdayxuf.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4077_zps9aqpjiow.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4078_zpsgxnovwof.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4079_zps6fvffuot.jpg]
Reinhard
[Image: dsc091840fu3o.jpg]
[Image: dsc09183l8uhu.jpg]
Ready to go for Fremo Mutschelbach Convention 2015.
Nothing brightens my day better the a good looking Steam Locomotive. Thumbsup Thumbsup Big Grin

No One, brightens my day better than.... :oops: :oops: wrong forum :oops: Icon_twisted Big Grin 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!