Spacing between tracks?
Yes, I am new to this forum. I am not new to HO scale, although I have not done any modeling recently. So, here's my question (I am planning a simple 4x8 with a 22in radius curve). Does anyone know if any of the track makers make a wye turnout specifically to follow a 22in radius curve? Or exisiting choices that I can *carefully* finesse to that radius?

To a lesser extent, I am curious to hear what opinions there might be out there regarding part of my loop - I plan to have a 2nd track on the inside. I want to get some opinions on track spacing - from centerline of one track to centerline of the adjacent track, what distances are recommended?

Would the clearance distance be different between the straight sections versus in the curves? And particularly for the curve that I will * try * to run 88ft/89ft TOFC or high cube boxcars on the 22in radius, I want to make sure I don't have any interference with rolling stock on the inside curve (which will be more reasonable 50ft sizes, etc for the tighter curve)... and please don't tell me I can't run 88ft/89ft on the 22in radius - i know that is possible but that's why I said * try * to run... 35

I will probably do some experimental spacing checks anyway, as well... :?:
For HO scale 2" spacing on straights & 2.5" on curves should work OK.
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
You will want to test your clearance by rolling two of your longest cars by each other on the curves. I have a feeling you may need more than 2.5" due to the cars' overhang on such a sharp curve.

Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.