Horwoods Service Center from "Rail Scale Miniatures"
Hi everyone, after posting photo's of my recently completed Doan Towers, some of you wanted to see some more of my modelling.
So it just so happens when I was photographing Doan Towers I also took one of my other dioramas out to photograph the same night.
It's my Horwoods Service Center produced by "Rail Scale Miniatures" and I got some beautiful sunset shots of it. Enjoy!

Greg Shinnie
Gorgeous!

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Another masterpiece Greg Applause ---thank you for posting this scene---please keep them coming
Eek :o Confusedhock: The only "give-away" that those shots are of a model scene, is the one guy close to the curb, whose position is the same in all three shots..........and he looks like he should be moving forward, not standing still.

Excellent modeling, and photography. Cheers Cheers Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Thanks Tom, cn nutbar & Sumpter250, for your kind words regarding my modeling!
Here are a few older shots that I took indoors of this diorama, awhile back.

Thanks for having a look!
Greg Shinnie
Among many details, I find your choice of different light sources depending the location an interesting and realistic feature. The incandescent yellow lights outside, the fluorescent stark white inside the garage... it's the touch that wraps the project perfectly.

Thanks for sharing!

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
Greg,

Another spectacular model and photography. The detailing of the scenes is amazing.

Bruce
OK, I'll put it on the line.......
This is some of the best work I have done, and it pales in comparison with the amount of detail you have put into "Horwoods"
:oops: :o Cheers

Guess it's time for me to try a little harder. Wink Icon_lol Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Thanks Matt, Bruce & Sumpter250 for your kind words & posts!

Sumpter250, that is a very beautiful scene that you have created with that 2 masted schooner. You should be very proud of your work that you have done!

Greg Shinnie
Ensign Wrote:Sumpter250, that is a very beautiful scene that you have created with that 2 masted schooner. You should be very proud of your work that you have done! Greg Shinnie

Now you understand just how truly impressed I am with your work...... Proud, well, proud enough that I try to never miss a chance to display that scene at the modular shows "Lake County Society of Modular Engineers" attend. Been a member of that group for quite a long time now. One of the biggest shows, is TRAINFEST, November, in Milwaukee, Wi.

Here, is a shot of my first three module set :

And, here is one of my early SciFi bashes, loosely based on the Millenium Falcon:

My first love has always been the Sea, and Ships under sail.
Schooner Yacht "America": one of my first "well done" ship models. This was a gift to my father in 1968.

It was returned to me after he passed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Sumpter250, thanks for sharing more images of your modeling with us. I being a huge Star Wars fan, love the Millenium Falcon inspired ship, that you built.
I've been known to model the odd science fiction related model too, from time to time. Like the Nautilus from 20,000 leagues under the sea.

Horwoods is absolutely inspirational modeling. The Nautilus was a cool surprise! Thumbsup
Ralph, thanks very much for your very kind words about my modeling of Horwoods.
Here are a couple of additional photo's showing the entire diorama.

Greg Shinnie
Greg, ....... but of course !! the normally "unviewed" back side of the center, is as completely detailed as the "viewed" side!
Cheers Cheers

Oh, Captain Nemo would be pleased with your "Nautilus". I have to ask, was that a scratchbuild? or, was there a kit the you were able to use? I've always wanted to do the "Nautilus", but there are just too many RIVETS to count, much less model. Wink
Beautifully done !
Somewhere, I have drawings of "Nautilus", and the temptation is always there, to build her at about +/- two feet long.

Wink Actually, the more I think about that, the more I realize that "Nautilus" would be easy compared to the "Giant Squid" !! :o
Hi Sumpter250, my Nautilus was a resin kit from England. It did not say anywhere what scale it was, but I thought it was close enough for my use.
I made it a part of my Captain Nemo's Seafood Emporium diorama, where I even have a octopus who likes fresh lobster. 357

Greg