Weekly Photo Fun 8/14 - 8/20/15
I was so free to open a new photo week.

The first of eight PFE "Super giant" reefers has lost my small home shop.

[Image: pfe-r70-supergiant-12k.jpg]

[Image: pfe-r70-supergiant-10k.jpg]

[Image: pfe-r70-supergiant-11k.jpg]

All in all I'm not lucky with this kit. Details on body are good and many modelers say that Sunshine models will be the best what is available.
However I must say that all details around the body are a lot poorer. I must replace most of detailing parts in order to receive a well detailed model.

Here I would like to show a picture of brake installation again ...

[Image: pfe-r70-supergiant-04k.jpg]

... where only one part is an original one from kit - the top of brake cylinder with the double pistons and this I had to rework intensively.
First time with this model I built a AJAX brake on a car end and I had to replace some parts here.

[Image: pfe-r70-supergiant-08k.jpg]

The brown original part on right is the typical chain and rod of AJAX hand brake from brake sprues and is not usable with this fat and short rod. How should I lengthened this part until frame?
In center you see my "standard" chain with 44 links per inch however also this is to raw on this position here. Each link will have a size of a six inch calculated to prototype size! No, not a good solution!
Fortunately I found a finer silver chain on a jeweler web-shop with 50 links per inch and a wire diameter of 0,2 mm (0.008 inch) and this looks good including a long and thin brake rod, left.

Now I hope that my friend will be satisfy with his new model because he would like to receive "the best detailing what you (me) can build".
Ok, painting and lettering is missing yet, however this will do an other friend.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Bernhard, your friend should not only be satisfied, he should be overwhelmed. If he isn't you can just send those models to any one of us here at the gauge for proper usage. These would take first place in a beauty contest. Cheers Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship
Charlie
On a clear August night just south of Red Bank on the Allegheny River branch of the PRR. 1956.    
Charlie
Remember.........THESE :o Icon_twisted

They came from this:

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Outstanding work/pics posted so far guys! Thumbsup Thumbsup Worship

Went to Janesville today, stopped by Wisconsin & Southern, the only two engines in the yard were these...
[Image: DSCN1079_zpsibq0hpz4.jpg]

[Image: DSCN1082_zps8hiim2xf.jpg]

I thought these would be worth posting as we are not sure how much longer they, or for that matter WSOR, will be around :|
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Charlie and all others, thank you very much!
In moment the Super giant reefer model is on way to my friend. Maybe that I can write his comments on Monday.
Cheers, Bernd

You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
My contibution this weekend

Spent some time home with family and friends. Little railfanning
but manged to go to SMFQ (Quebec city Model railroad club) at gare Ste-Foy.
With an incredible amount of luck we met Mr. Saint-Laurent , and he was very kind and gave us
a tour of the club. It is situated along the CN/VIA rail main line. The club
celebrated 50th years of existence in 2014.

Some quick pics

The HO scale layout is big

There's a great outdoor railway that runs year round as well:

With live steam (powered by coal and loco hand made by monsieur Saint-laurent no less!

Meanwhile the yard was very quiet at lunch time

And of course the world famous, the 8 wonder of the world the "Quebec Bridge"

and that is it for now

Thank you all for sharing your works and/or railfanning.
Greatly enjoy this thread.
Canadian National U2C Northern #6153 is spotted on the outbound shop lead at Leetown.She will hook up with another Northern #6309 as the power on today's eastbound hotshot freight to Port Maitland.

[Image: fa0633bc-1f98-4461-bae0-f18cb25a8f3a_zpsxnit4jcj.jpg]
Thank you very much to all for sharing very nice pictures!
And sorry to all others, however the steamers are my favorite models including the live steamers!
Cheers, Bernd

The Arbor Models kit ( HO ) of the C&O Allegheny 2-6-6-6.
One of these days I do have to get this one built, and running... Wink It's heavy enough, to pull a "longer than enough" train.

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
August 16th.........not much time left for fun like ...... Wink Little Plastic Beings going on a short, coastal cruise. Hope they packed enough sunscreen. Wink Icon_twisted Wink

A Family Lines local with a GP7 has tied up for the weekend.I took the photo today at the Bucyrus (Oh) HO Club.

[Image: 022_zps4elahvwf.jpg]
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!