Lights on a EMD F3B unit ???
Was wondering what lights would have been used (if any) on a B unit of an EMD F3 ??,...or even an F7 ??

Would it have had any type of "white" light for backing ??? A "red" light for a warning/beacon light ???

-Keith
I think any lighting on the B or even on the back of the A was railway specific. Canadian National had a small light on the left side-ends of their B's and one on the back left of their A's

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cnrphotos.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=33961">http://www.cnrphotos.com/gallery2/main. ... emId=33961</a><!-- m -->
ePaw has prototype photos -- one example about 4 posts in

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5061">viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5061</a><!-- l -->
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Well most of the pictures that I had posted here have been lost to the abiss with the last update. But, as was stated earlier the lighting is railroad dependent. At a minimum, a head light at each end is required. Our F-3b was originally owned by the Boston & Maine. The head lights are controlled manually from a switch located inside each of the end doors, other railroads may have a different system. Hope that helps.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Thanks very much for the info and pics,...this has been most helpful and interesting !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A supplementary question, Mr. Speaker.

Did any roads use removable headlights that fit over a hook of some sort and could be moved to where needed? Or were they all bolted on?
David
Moderato ma non troppo
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Again, it might have been railway specific. Its best to find pictures of your prototype and go with that.
I also know that Canadian Railways originally used ditch lights that were removable and used in the mountains, so with that example there is probably a prototype for anything.
To amplify what I said, I may have been thinking of RDCs. A lot of RDC pictures show a light on the front door, just below the window. Other pictures don't have a light. The ones with headlights are all CPR. I found a picture of a CP RDC with an upside-down U shaped handrail on the door that the light would be hung from.
David
Moderato ma non troppo