Freelance 2015-3
lajry Wrote:...... Can you put a drape or curtain in front of the balcony door?....
No way, how about sending a box of california sun to Germany. It would be very welcome during the next dark month Big Grin

The grassmahster and I had a great time yesterday. This is an area of very dense weed. I must be carefully not to create a golf course .... The tips of the grass fibers will get a brown touch via dry brushing.

[Image: IMG_4448_zpshfmztear.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4449_zpshah2iomj.jpg]

The remaining area of the yard got it's basic weed too. It's still wet and will widely be reduced after the visit of the vacuum in the late afternoon today.

[Image: IMG_4450_zpsdydwvpec.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4451_zpsivv1elkb.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4452_zpslpozhyzc.jpg]
Reinhard
Nicely done sir. Applause Thumbsup
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Some hours later when the vacuum and the brown dry brush completed their dark goings. No more golf course at all Big Grin
Still needs to apply all kind of junk and non junk to the ground. Long island jack's "59th and rust" is a great example to learn from.

[Image: IMG_4453_zpsbuvgrpkd.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4455_zps6lbmpft8.jpg]

I intended to apply tall vertical grass close to walls and fences too. That did not work with the grassmaster (with the cone). I have to rework that areas in the usual way later.
Reinhard
Looks great! Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
A golden 2796 road number and the true blue beauty is a perfect fit for a contemporary layout.

[Image: IMG_4456_zpsy9neg4lh.jpg]
Reinhard
I can relate better to a somewhat more modern era than that of Model T's and box cabs, I simply don't know much about it.

I'm glad to see some more familar styles of cars and locomotives grace the layot again :-) Looks good, and like the brown greens. :-)

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Reinhard
There's nothing wrong w/ running multiple eras. As for having the "wrong" structures for running early era equipment, have a few modern structures w/ the same footprint as a few old structures. Make them so they easy to lift out. Also add some era specific details to the lift outs.
Plan on doing that on my LAJ layout as their are many structures that are gone these days. Most have been replaced by concrete popups. Have way too many freight cars & locos from earlier & later times to pick just one era. Besides variety is the spice of life!
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
Hi Andi, yes, that is it what I am currently doing. There is a simple, plain and ugly painted structure on the workbench replacing a beautiful brick building :o There are some awfully buildings perfect to model at 1.st Ave in Brooklyn. This one is inspired from the gem at the corner of 1st Ave / 56th St. in Brooklyn.

Paint and glue must set over night to do the next steps
[Image: IMG_4459_zpslg7lewvj.jpg]
Reinhard
Armstrong Electric Motors is still in business but they never made it to get a new manufacturing building but they are still rail served!

[Image: IMG_4460_zpsj8tm6rpt.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4461_zpsdjk2efyg.jpg]

There will be a similar building (City Classics Smallman Street Warehouse) erected shortly also replacing a very old brick building not realistic housing a rail served industry anymore. I need to have two back ground buildings to be home of rail served industry. The other background buildings are scenery and can be much older and may be abandoned too.
Reinhard
City Classics Smallman Street Warehouse and the add on arrived today. The elements of the kid have no overlap and they are quite complicated to assemble into a stable wall. I remembered that from my last kit. I tried a new way to build the wall by glueing all elements on a large sheet of styrene. That made alignment easier und provided the necessary stability. After the glue has set for two hours I cut some rectangles into the styrene sheet from the rear side, removed that patches and glued the window frames in place.

ps. Yes it is it another VUB with a good change to become my MUB Big Grin

[Image: IMG_4463_zpsucc9njfc.jpg]

VUB = Very Ugly Building
MUB = Most Ugly Building
Reinhard
No SUB ? SUB = sort of ugly building or how about AUB = almost ugly building (I have one of these on my N scale show layout). I wish I could move at the speed you maintain in your modeling.I could probably actually call the current N scale home layout done (they are never finished) in my lifetime.

By the way I think you deserve at least a pair of these --> Thumbsup Thumbsup
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Last update on that building

[Image: IMG_4464_zpspewzk0cn.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4465_zpsluadt8gj.jpg]
Reinhard
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
[quote="faraway"]I am so sorry but the urgent calls for green force me to start the transition into a contemporary layout. A very old industrial area is today a perfect weed plantation.....
I am afraid I will have to stretch freelance somewhat into fantasy creating dense still rail served old fashioned brick industry. Let's see how far I can go until you start yelling on me Big Grin

----------------------------------------------------------------

I suppose one could say same industrial area 90 years later and may not be that far off .. I'm sure somewhere in the USA there are still examples of old brick industries served by rail.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Fresh gourmet salad for the switcher crew guaranteed. I love it to grab this kind of structures with street view (this one is 223 60th Street, close to Brooklyn terminal). The colors of some prototypes are unmatched.
I used two layers of card stock to get three-dimensional effects for gates and doors.

[Image: IMG_4466_zpsgatdzhf1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4467_zpsnt1zibw5.jpg]
Reinhard