Weekly Photo Fun 9/11 - 9/17/15
Grabbed a couple shots of WPMA-40

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Great shots Bruce (as always)---thanks for starting this week's thread,hopefully it will be a good one.Here's a picture of CNR's T2A 4100 in the industrial district of Leetown

[Image: 008.jpg]
Here is the GN X-66 bringing up the rear of the SWG running along the Oregon Trunk at Deschutes siding in August of 1968.

[Image: GN%20x66%20small_zpsmjg4yrq6.jpg]
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
100 years ago today, the Pennsylvania Railroad ran its first electrified revenue run under wire! The PRR (now Amtrak) electrified system is now a Century old at its oldest parts!

MP54s very similar to this one made that first run, after being converted from "P54" steam hauled coaches.

[Image: P9111256.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Great pictures, great modelling! Thanks!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
I took a trip to Schenley, Pa today. I even put a few miles at the throttle under my belt. It had been a while. I had the supervisor of locomotive engineers at my side.     .
They have done a wonderful job maintaining the equipment. I'm proud of my guys. I even miss it at times.    
Charlie
G_E_C
which part of the PRR was electrified first?
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
A few shots from last night's Photo session during the ARHS 40th convention.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
There are some great pictures this week---let's keep them coming.Here's some more steam action at Leetown

[Image: 003_zpsys446ay1.jpg]
OUTSTANDING shots/work folks Thumbsup Applause

I went to the IRM today :mrgreen: , took TONS of shots. Here's me in front of my all time fav loco ever, UP's 3rd gen GTEL, 8500 series...
[Image: DSCN1210_zpsmtxjct1s.jpg]
(BTW, I am 5'11'', that engine is HUGE! )

[Image: DSCN1241_zpsmhpretab.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
The crew at International Materials are moving the car over the dump screens to unload !!!! Nice pics everyone!!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

WPMA-40 on its return to the yard.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

We shor do agree: great lookin' pitchurs. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Leon 'n' Ephraim
BR60103 Wrote:G_E_C
which part of the PRR was electrified first?

The first sections of the AC catenary were built between Philadelphia and Paoli, which today would be part of Amtrak's keystone line to Harrisburg. It is recognizable in photos as having round poles, rather than H-columns. This electrification was done to facilitate commuter travel. The freight advantages were never realized, as the PRR never electrified far enough to make the trip totally economical.

Technically, the PRR did have other earlier electrifications, such as the Hudson River tunnel third rail, and a few trolley lines in southern New Jersey. However, these didn't last, and its safe to say that the main PRR electrified lines were born with this route.

Here is a really bad picture of one of these ancient catenary poles out the window of an Amtrak Keystone train.

[Image: P5200638.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Chased the DL from Slateford to the water gap today.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew