Weekly Photo Fun 10/30 - 11/5/15
Shore River's SW1500 does some switching at the Mannheim Yard.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

There needs to be some blue here
[Image: IMG_4507_zps0vfernjy.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4509_zpsip0n0dsf.jpg]
Reinhard
I caught that unit in a consist that was passing our local GERN plant in 1977. Unfortunately the plant was forced to close due to a 3% decline in economic growth.    
Charlie
Charlie,

That must of upset Cookie Gibson, isn't GERN supposed to increase production by 3%? :o

Bruce
Reinhard,

As Shore River was doing it's switching Conrail showed up at Absegami Plastics to shuffle some cars around.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

bdw9535 Wrote:Charlie,

That must of upset Cookie Gibson, isn't GERN supposed to increase production by 3%? :o

Bruce
It was a major loss to the community, a real shame because when there was an upshift in the economy all of the employees had already gone to other GERN plants where they are able to receive 3% more income and they were so happy they are producing 3% more product. I understand they are even getting a 3% bonus as well as a 3% raise. Cheers
Charlie
Great shots and work posted folks! Thumbsup Applause

Charlie, GERN of Rock Valley in Southern WI was one of the plants that took on a few transfers from your area Wink . The demand for GERN Flux products grew about 3% around that time here, still going strong with many more plant improvements too! :mrgreen:
[Image: gern%20pick%20up_zpsnk8wzogk.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Sometimes a true blue engine looks quite greenish :o
[Image: IMG_4510_zps5aer85np.jpg]
Reinhard
I caught some switching action in South Kearny NJ. I believe this is part of the Conrail shared asset area. This was taken in the southern approach to the bridge that crosses truck 1&9

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Three flat cars for my Xtra train with the extralarge pressure tank are painted and weathered.

[Image: flatcar_alle3-kf.jpg]

Left a Red Caboose 42' flat car with its original lettering for NYC. In Center my modified and shortened 36' flat car (originally also a 42' Red Caboose model) which is lettered for the Newport News Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Co. after the prototypical flat car for transporting the fat pressure tank. And on right end a PRR F-29 flat car. All models are aged and relatively heavy weathered and so I think to have a good contrast to the fresh painted pressure tank.
In moment my friend has to do a last paint correction and then I could present first pictures of this fat thing.

[Image: train_03k.jpg]

In two or three weeks this all could be look so with painted cars and tank.
However then I'm still missing the correct N&W wood caboose and the engine needs also a correction of lettering.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.