Weekly Photo Fun 12/4 - 12/10/15
AGWAY is still receiving shipments of grain from the local farms as WPMA-17 pulls into the siding. 17 will set out 3 empty grain cars and pickup 11 cars.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Switching the Tafftown yard tracks.    
Charlie
It's hard to believe that this:

This:

And This:

were once THIS:

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:It's hard to believe that this:

were once THIS:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
"Skookum is currently disassembled and a full restoration is in progress" according to the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad web site. I hope they have the resources and ability to do it. That would be a real gem. Thumbsup I was surprised to see it was standard gauge.
Thanks for posting this Pete, you made me do some googleing.
Regards
Charlie
Read here the last information on Trains Magazine from Dec. 2014 - http://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/201...y-60-years
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Many years ago, now, I found and purchased a Gem Brass model of "Skookum". She's now painted and lettered for Shinnecock Hills Lumber Company.

From the first time I saw this loco, I have considered this one of the most interesting Steam Locomotives. It was years later that I added another 2-4-4-2 to my collection....an MDC 3' gauge 2-8-0 kit, kitbashed into a narrow gauge, outside frame, 2-4-4-2

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
modelsof1900 Wrote:Read here the last information on Trains Magazine from Dec. 2014 - http://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/201...y-60-years
Thanks for that update Bernhard, It looks promising
Charlie
Pete, your models are beautiful. That is a real gem Those small malleys are great little models. They look great on your settings.
Charlie
Monday morning local serves industries
[Image: IMG_4566_zps5ryxpqo1.jpg]
Reinhard
March 1962 MR has drawings, information, and photos of the Little River, Baldwin, 2-4-4-2.

When I bought the brass model, I used that article/drawings/photos to add a bit more detail.
When the owner of Sag Harbor Shipbuilding & Dry Dock Company saw how well the 3' gauge, outside frame 2-4-4-2 was handling the tight curves in the shipyard, He had his staff draw up a 3' gauge outside frame 2-6-6-2.
The shipyard is currently building this loco, between ship overhauls. The yard needs this loco for some of the heavier loads, that the 2-4-4-2 can't handle. Why articulated locos?..........there are some seriously tight curves in the track work, especially around the dry dock areas, and the owner liked articulated locos better than double heading 0-4-0's, or 0-6-0's.
I saw this today in New Waterford, Ohio. It was on NS 15V which had had a separation and went into emergency. Some one else must miss Conrail.    
Charlie
Charlie
I had to look at that twice before it registered what it said. :mrgreen: I need some Conrail gondolas.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"