Triang Dock Shunter
Does any one remember the Triang Dock Shunter? I have found the bodyshell of one in my bits box and would like to convert it to a yard switcher. Obviously the buffers have to go and the buffer beams can be smoothed off for a plain overlay. I also have a Bullant chassis I can use for powering it as I don't have the original one. Any tips for converting it to the American way would be useful. Many thanks.
It's a good day when you wake up in the morning. It's not your problem if you don't.
Can't help you I'm afraid but the name " Triang" I haven't heard for decades . Growing up , I had a Marx O scale "train set "and my buddy , Read , across the street had a Triang steam loco in , possibly TT scale " .....about half the size of my O scale as I recall . We had great fun doing laps on our 4x8's plywood Centrals , back then .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Seriously - I wouldn't bother! - It will need narrowing and lowering, since it is to 4mm scale instead of 3.5mm - when it is done it will not resemble any USA prototype - the plastic may be brittle by now and cause lots of problems trying to do the conversion - the only thing it is good for would be a British NG or light railway loco - there are a lot of other US shells that will make a much better, and more appropriate , switcher.
Thanks Jack. It was just a crazy idea I had. It doesn't resemble much of anything really does it. The Barclay it was supposedly based on was, I think, 6 wheel and outside frame. Back in the box.
It's a good day when you wake up in the morning. It's not your problem if you don't.