Freelance 2016-1
That's nice! I can't believe how detailed the wood loads are too!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
faraway Wrote:The silos of the plastic pellet transfer kit arrived and enabled me to proceed with the raw boxes of the plastic plant.
[Image: IMG_4625_zpso8swc6rl.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4626_zpsreuy6icr.jpg]

Looking at these pics it looks like you have discontinued the track to the left, it used to go back around to the other side of the room not so?
Okay Reinhard,

make you a deal...if you give me some key measurements I'll draw up a layout plan on Anyrail for you.

What I need is some basic measurements.

1.What are the distances (in mm) of the longitudinal tracks from the front - in order form the front measuring centre to centre? (I count 6 lines)
2. What are the size of the turnouts? #6 or #8?
3. What are the distances to the "Y"in the turnouts - from the left end starting with the line 2nd from the back then working forward?

Thats if you want me to.

Perhaps we can discuss on email...callum@methley.co.za
Thanks for the kind offer but I would have no use for a plan having the real thing in front of me.
Anyhow, we are currently on vacation on Mallorca and I am writing on my iPad in a hotel room.
Reinhard
Hey Reinhard,

I know you said you don't need one....but I need one to keep me sane and interested in the hobby. No trains or layout so I can design stuff.... Hope you dont mine but I think this is close:

Hi, sorry I missed your intention so miserable.
The track plan is correct. I started with all switches atlas number 6. The three switches in the rear serving industries are atlas number 4. The same is true for the switches forming the x with the crossing. I needed to save some space.
Reinhard
Great Reinard.. Thank you. When you get back from vacation maybe you can measure a few points for me but right now all you should be measuring are your cocktails at the pool...lol
Excellent work again Reinhard. I waited a few weeks on purpose before looking at your layout again. Once again, I'm totally surprised! Nice job on the locomotive BTW!

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/
We are back home!
Some first measurements:

a. Distances of track center from the front are 9,5cm, 15,5cm, 22,5cm, 29,5cm stub tracks of X, 51,5cm, right 56,5cm and left 58cm very rear stub tracks
b. Frog of two left most switches in the yard from the left 98cm and 110cm
c. Frogs of right switches in the yard from the right 110cm and 146cm
d. Frogs of switches forming the center X from the right 207cm and 226cm, center of X 217cm from the right
e. Frogs of the three switches in the rear measured from the right 82cm, 117cm, 230cm
f. Center of the two tracks entering the layout at the right side measured from the right 29cm and 39cm
g. Center of the two stub tracks in the foreground at the very left 3cm and 7,5cm
h. End of the two stub tracks in the rear measured from the left 98cm and 209cm.

This part is 65cm deep and 400cm long.

I used Atlas flex tracks only but did not always run them perfect straight. The third track from the front has a kink at the right end because there has been a 3way switch that did not fit into the Atlas geometry.

In the Flicks album 2015-3 is a series of birds view photos (from left to right) . The theme and decoration has changed but the track plan is still valid.

[Image: 24271174505_cd1baec5f7_c.jpg]IMG_4533 by faraway52, on Flickr
[Image: 24188649221_4205910a68_c.jpg]IMG_4534 by faraway52, on Flickr
[Image: 24271174875_81dd69e5a8_c.jpg]IMG_4535 by faraway52, on Flickr
[Image: 24188649751_39aefc411d_c.jpg]IMG_4536 by faraway52, on Flickr
[Image: 23903352159_cce0562d66_c.jpg]IMG_4537 by faraway52, on Flickr
[Image: 23642962504_2fbd9a71b2_c.jpg]IMG_4538 by faraway52, on Flickr

I hope that helps you to have a good time.
Reinhard
Great shots! They look like Google satellite images!
Thanks Reinard,

thanks for that...I'll check on what I have and see how it compares to your setup...thanks.. I have a small 4 meter wall that this could fit on one day. it would only have a cassette with one track on it coming in from the right...
Just one remark about the overall plan.
The tracks are more or less divided into the "yard" in the front and the "industry" in the back. In between is a gap about 17cm wide. I do not recommend that design. It is very hard to fill the gap with "some scenery" that makes sense and does not block the access of the 0-5-0 to the tracks. I had ones a line of beautiful old industries in that gap. It looked great but switching was a nightmare. It is now filled with some rural unused area and more than enough team tracks. Not very clever or beautiful but switching is no problem.
It would be more wise to feed the background industry directly from the "yard" and spend some extra centimeters to get more optical depth. A road in the very foreground would be nice too. The other option is to build it with a depth of 50cm only if you are short on space.
Reinhard
A beautiful layout that will keep you busy for hours on end...
Just one observation...It's too clean..!! All railroad facilities that I've seen are really filthy, particularly the tracks ties between the rails and a bit less on the sides. There is also quite a bit of trash, wheelsets and such . Anything made of iron will be rusty, and most structures will have a healthy coat of soot.
I realize that this may be a work in progress and the detailing will come later. Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Don't get confused. My current layout is Freelance 2016-2. I am answering this thread due to the questions about the (unchanged) track layout.
Anyhow the remark about the cleanness is very we'll taken. I have to add dirt, junk and rust to the current layout too.
Reinhard
And here it is....