Unsafe crossings-top of the list
lajry Wrote:My point was why even bring this up on a MODEL RR forum when there's plenty of PROTOTYPE forums to discuss this topic.
"cause we are more than just a model train forum. Lots of people here take photos and report on the railroads as they are today or were back then. I think if we were to eliminate all non-model railroad content, we'd lose about half our posts and over half our photos. We even spend a lot of time talking about non-railroad things, and that's what makes Big Blue what it is and always has been.

Unlike some forums, you can talk about most anything here without fear of your posts being delete or getting banned. Our main topic is Railroading, model or prototype, so I hope that answers your question....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
The reall problem isn't "unsafe railroad crossings" - it's the preponderance of idiots who think they are immortal.
MountainMan Wrote:The real problem isn't "unsafe railroad crossings" - it's the preponderance of idiots who think they are immortal.

Or, :oops: " Faster than a speeding train " Wink Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Judging by the driving intelligence of roughly 50% of the drivers in Michigan,I would have to agree with MountainMan.The CSX mainline between Wyoming and Holland Michigan has probably the most train car/truck interaction on CSX track there is.

A few years back there was on the average at least one connection a week.There are a lot of private rail crossings in the area and that is/was where most of these were happening.

While I am thinking about it ,I think forum's like Blue are the perfect place to bring this subject up.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
All of these crossings where US60 parallel the BNSF tracks have stoplights at US60. As I said, some are so close that they only allow one vehicle between them, some have room for a few more than that. Like everyone else here, it's those drivers that are impatient or inattentive that are the cause of these incidents. I believe that if they had room for ten cars, the eleventh one in line would hang over the tracks. If there was room for twenty cars, the twenty-first would invite danger and try to squeeze in. Am I the only one that enjoys watching a 100-car consist come by, or the occasional passenger train like I saw a while back? I cross these tracks several times each day going to appointments, church, restaurants or shopping and I always allow a few extra minutes, just in case there could be a train coming.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD