WEEKLY PHOTO FUN - JULY 22ND-28TH
Here's a find from the "used" section at my LHS (Just Train Crazy, in Beamsville, Ontario). An Accurail car in Pennsy paint, the previous owner apparently had a little difficulty assembling it, and manage to get a fair amount of ca on one end, despite the fact that the end wasn't installed properly. A couple of the sill steps were missing, too, and the build date on the car's sides was too new for my late '30s era layout. The car did have Kadee sprung trucks and Kadee scale couplers, though, and at six bucks, I couldn't pass it up.
I disassembled the car (the floor and weight were installed wrong) and then scraped off as much of the ca as possible, then modified the underside at the ends so that I could install A-Line sill steps. While I had the X-Acto and drill bits out, I also shaved off the cast-on grabirons and replaced them with custom-bent wire ones.
The newly-installed details, along with the remnants of ca on one end, were touched-up using a brush, then it was off to the paint shop for some weathering.
Once the car looked suitably used, the "BLT." date was covered with a patch of painted decal film, as were the last three digits of the "LD. LMT." and "LT. WT.", along with "NEW 8-41". I then re-decalled those areas with more suitable lettering, and, once dry, used a brush to cover those areas with thinned Dulcote.
The next day, the car received a little more weathering to blend in the re-done areas, although the re-weigh data was left cleaner than the back-dated "BLT." date.
A decent-looking car now, I think, and lots of modelling enjoyment....for just six bucks! Thumbsup

[Image: REBUILT%20MDC%20COVERED%20HOPPERS...%20013.jpg]

Wayne
Nice doc.... Cheers

Here is my Erie R-3 fresh out of the paint shop ( my garage) after receiving some weathering.    

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Wayne,

Always enjoy your explanations on how you accomplished your finished model. Great looking modeling and photography. Applause

Bruce
e-paw,

Outstanding looking model. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Bruce
Caught the Dock Street crew switching Pier 7 with a leased MP15 AC from South Jersey Equipment.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Also fresh back from the painter:

[Image: dsc00536acuaa.jpg]
A D&RGW Mikado, but not narrow gauge.

Cheers Lutz
I had a chance to go railfanning with Doctor Wayne recently and spotted CNR S2A Mikado being turned at the Lowbanks engine terminal.

[Image: 0d149b99-3879-41ae-962f-ada401cdece1.jpg]
A few shots from today's excursion to the Tobyhanna Army depot.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Not a roundhouse,just passing by

[Image: 28407279802_2072ffc06c_c.jpg]IMG_4999 by faraway52, on Flickr
Reinhard
Great models, nice pictures this week!

[Image: pfe-r70-supergiant-21k.jpg]

The PFE R-70-2 super-giant reefer project is under progress again! All four reefers as second batch received their complete brake gear with exception of hand brake rods.
Next step is the adding of roof details.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Big power at Leetown---CNR T2A 4100

[Image: d7c33a3a-d598-4dab-bc49-eeac38b05c02.jpg]
Outstanding pics everyone!

A scene I am working on at the moment:
[Image: IMG_0366%20small.jpg]
Steve