Weekly Photo Fun 11/18-11/24
Hey guys,

Not much done, but I DID customize this Metroliner. #820 was the test car for the Amtrak "Billboard" front. While it would eventually become "standard" on the "Phase II" painted cars, #820 wore this billboard a few years prior to the widespread adoption of the Phase II paint scheme.

It was shaping up to be a difficult project until I found a spare Phase II cab I could repaint. I also discovered that the Tru-Color paint and thinner cleanly removes the Walthers lettering while leaving the paint intact. While this was a pleasant surprise for cleanly removing the Amtrak striping from the cab sides, this could have melted the Billboard face! I ended up using Polly Scale Reefer White instead. Fortunately, my masking held and I put on a clean coat of paint!

Once the end was repainted, I just swapped the ends on a regular PC coach. It only has 4 "pins" and a lighting harness holding it in, so it was relatively easy to swap the faces of the car.

It definitely adds some color to these cars. The more I study them, the more I realize few even had Amtrak patches. Most literally ran blank with no markings at all after the end of the Penn Central era.

Forgive the poor cell phone pictures. I have a few other repaint/alterations of a few other models on the way too.

[Image: 20161117_224751_001.jpg]

[Image: 20161117_224716.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
GEC, while it may not be my “thing” thanks for the informative “Why I did it”, nice work.

Back in a September WPF, bdw9535 Bruce posted this photo which he commented that I may find of interest.

It did get my interest and I’ve managed to come up with a similar photo. ( Pity about the photographers lack of expertise!!)

Cheers, the Bear. Smile
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
Nice one GEC and Bear. Thumbsup
I've got a few shots from the water Gap in the last moments of light yesterday. Does anyone notice a problem with the engines in the last pic ?

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
A pair of Shore River GP10's wait on the yard lead while Conrail's Mannheim yard job YPMA-02 completes a move.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Bear,

That's a great looking rendition. Nicely done. Applause

Bruce
e-paw Wrote:Does anyone notice a problem with the engines in the last pic ?
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

The number boards on the first and third units aren't lit.

Bruce
Yep...They turned on the ones on the leeds unit just as they passed me.
I have been working on a back drop for a small display shelf layout. I have completed the far back ground and now I need to work on the foreground scene.

[Image: More%2BMountains.JPG]
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
mountaingoatgreg Wrote:I have been working on a back drop for a small display shelf layout. I have completed the far back ground and now I need to work on the foreground scene.

Bob Ross lives!! Eek

Very nicely-done!

Wayne
Thanks Wayne!!

I have added some "happy little trees" to blend the foreground to background. I will be working on my shelf display layout next so probably not much more then to finish the trees up.

[Image: now%2Bwith%2Btrees.JPG]
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
Hello,

[Image: dsc01438u2stu.jpg]
that are 4 of 5 electric locos, all Tenshodo GN Y-1 type, which were refitted this week with new drive trains, DCC and lights also added. The fifth was done a week earlier as sample.

Cheers Lutz
CNR S1B Mikado 3254 is spotted in the industrial section of Leetown waiting for her next assignment

[Image: 50ea6e6f-1a89-4af8-971f-fb896ca87f2d_zpsdztjzbjo.jpg]
great pictures for the week, and Greg, the backdrops are great. It is a nice touch having them reflected by the shelf.
Charlie
A few shots from Newark, New Jersey's ironbound section.

First Penn station....    

Then the former DL&W station, now NJT.