"Magoun pier" The beginings of my layout
faraway Wrote:May be a large paper calendar with 12 excellent photos would have it's market.

Reinhard, you sure do like your calenders. Tongue

Greg
cn nutbar Wrote:Greg---Big Blue is very lucky to have you in our family---thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures Cheers

Thanks cn nutbar! We are all lucky to have each others support here!

Greg
This is unreal. That layout looks amazing!
Joseph, this is a very real Thank You!

Greg
Hi everyone, I have always imagined that Magoun pier would sit in front of a large city scene one day. Well I got tired of waiting to see what that might look like.
So I dusted off a bunch of large city structures, that I had laying around and set those up on the track loop that I use to run trains on the pier with.
I used some flash lights & tea lights inside of these structures to help bring them to life. And I turned off the lights in my room to better hide the plumbing & electrical in this room.
And I got a few good photos showing how this large urban pier will look with a city in behind it.
I hope you enjoy the pics!

Thanks for having a look!
Greg
Greg---I've missed your outstanding scenes---welcome back
Hello Greg

Thank you for sharing this.
Your pictures continue to amaze me with their "look and feel".
The city at night makes a very nice backdrop. I think overall elements I like best (aside from the modelling!) is the lighting on the ship, and beneath both cranes. This is what I would expect in a night time unloading scene... Good lighting is safety first!

Please do keep us updated on your projects!

Doug
Thanks! cn nutbar & Doug, I'm glad you both enjoy my scenes!

Here is another photo, this time in black & white, somehow they look more realistic to me when they are in B&W.

Greg
Me..in awe of your modelling and photographic skills!!!!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks! For looking in, Genetk44. And for your kind words!
Now take a look at this one below. Big Grin

Greg
Hi everyone, well this winter's ice has cleared away from Magoun pier, and under the cover of darkness my first visitor of the season appeared.
"Fine Scale Miniatures" pile driver was built as a tribute to fellow modeller Bill Gill.

Greg
That is just plain sexy modelling and photography.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Thanks! Mike, I was starting to think that nobody would reply.
You know I almost called my Magoun pier Port Able. Since it is a portable section that can be displayed at shows.
So it's nice to see you named your layout that.

Greg
Here is a photo in brighter light, showing the Bill Gill & Son Marine service barge.

Greg
Don't worry. We see and enjoy your postings very much. It is just the different culture without "like buttons" here in Big Blue that give the impression of ignorance. Look at the views (6516). They on purpose.
There is just one question when I compare your layout and mine: should I better collect stamps ? (not serious! 357 )
Reinhard