Weekly Photo Fun 4/28 - 5/4/17
Shore River switching All State Paper at the Pinelands Industrial Park.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

SD9 #6925 works West Mill Yard.

[Image: 003_zps063npkwz.jpg]
One of the custom shop built 94 inch gauge ore trolleys next to the blast furnace of the Bethlehem Steel plant, Bethlehem PA.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
A few shots of the steel plant.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
At the clubs annual Easter train show, I spent nearly all the time on the door. I’d have rather been running trains, but the positive comments and/or smiles from the public made all the hard work worthwhile.
Amongst the attendees, an elderly gentleman approached me wondering what to do with a locomotive he had in a brown paper bag. As his stepfather had scratchbuilt it in the 1930s, he was reluctant to throw it in the rubbish bin, but was too old now to do anything with it, and basically wanted a good home for it. He also said that it had caught fire the last time it had been run so I was expecting a shorted burnt out electric motor of some description; but said we’d be more than pleased to look after it for him.
You can imagine my surprise when I had the time to see what we actually accepted.
He also refused free admission to the show, an old school gent.

Smile
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."