Weekly Photo Fun 5/26 - 6/2/17
I'm so free to start a new WPF on day before, I'm underwa in next days.

Here my last finished work, three cabooses with train end lanterns and one brakemen.

[Image: cabooses_3-01k.jpg]

[Image: cabooses_3-02k.jpg]

The last caboose of SP needs a bit dust yet, a job for my friend again.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Those are some nice looking hacks. Well done sir. Cheers
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Cheers

Bruce
The Mannheim Yard Job is sorting out grain cars for the Flying Fish Brewery.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Pushing all the way down
[Image: 34850931696_da1e3df130_c.jpg]IMG_5471

until the loading dock is reached
[Image: 34850932316_7c15df5c0b_c.jpg]IMG_5473
Reinhard
Big power on the Leetown Division---CNR T4A #4300

[Image: 769561a0-ef5b-41ea-9639-653f5660aede_zpskr8nqfzm.jpg]
The crew of the PRT switching some Aluminum bale scrap gons for BTO Enterprises ,they rent a spot in the back of the 1st ST yard , signals no lomger work so they flag the crossing !!!!! Confusedhock: :o Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for your friendly comments regarding my caboose.
Now the next model has entered my work tabel for digitalizing - my Denver & Salt Lake 2-6-6-0 Mallet which was lettered by the for-owner as CA&Y. And what is that?

[Image: caandy-01k.jpg]

[Image: caandy-02k.jpg]

I think that I will not change this painting and lettering, it looks very well and so I must establoish an own railroad, or?
The first idea was to honor my friend living in Carlisle, PA by the Carlisle, Altoone & Youngstown Ry. Another could be the Chaicago, Ashley & Yellowstone - Or what do you think? I would like to read your ideas and if you ask why? Is the short CA&Y not enough? No, the caboose must get the long name for completing a full usable engine and caboose combination for my freight trains.
Please let my know your ideas. Thanks!
Cheers, Bernd

You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Geographically-speaking, the Carlisle, Altoona & Youngstown seems a good choice, as the route of the track would follow that order. You could also make it the Canton, Akron & Youngstown but I suspect that your road would get some heavy competition from the Akron, Canton & Youngstown.
How about the Carlise, Altoona, & Youghiogheny? Using Carlisle would honour your friend, there's not much that's more railroady than Altoona, and the western terminus near the Youghiogheny River would make your road pretty-much an east-west line (but obviously it wouldn't be too straight in Pennsylvania - perfect territory for an articulated locomotive.

Here's a rebuilt USRA boxcar from the Pittsburgh, McKeesport & Youghiogheny, one of New York Central's many subsidiaries...

[Image: RECENTFREIGHTCARS023.jpg]

The pronunciation of Youghiogheny always puzzled me, but I've been told that it's sorta like Yuck-a-haney, and the river is often referred to as the "Yough" (Yuck). I have been there, and what I saw was anything but "yucky". I can't find my photos of that trip, or I'd post a couple.

EDIT: Aha! Found one...

[Image: OhioPylePaDSCF2103.jpg]

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:...
How about the Carlise, Altoona, & Youghiogheny? ...

Doc, do you have a to me unknown connection to my friend Bill in Carlisle, PA?
He has written me an absolutely identic suggestion - however "Youghiogheny" is a really hard to remember name (to me)!
In present time I'm not sure what I would like to prefer, there is a bit time - until letterig the caboose.
Thanks also for your ideas and thoughts!
Cheers, Bernd

One of the drawbacks of using YOUGHIOGHENY is that, if you spell it out, you'll need four "Y"s for every piece of rolling stock....some decal or dry transfer sets are stingy with letters that are not commonly used too much.

My own ELORA GORGE & EASTERN taught me that there aren't a lot of "G"s or "&"s in most lettering sets, although I learned to make "G"s from "C"s, "O"s, and "Q"s, and even "D"s, but there's not much available for ampersands.

That's why the reporting marks are mostly like this...

[Image: Freight%20cars.....jpg]

...rather than this...

[Image: 2016-2017%20CHALLENGE%20CARS...%20040.jpg]

Passenger cars got the full version, with the ampersand, though...

[Image: PassengercarsTuscarora-solarium-lounge-5...ats009.jpg]

Wayne
A little bit progress with digatlizing of the D&SL aka CA&Y 2-6-6-0 mallet.

[Image: caandy-07k.jpg]

[Image: caandy-09k.jpg]

Testing different speakers, also first illuminated markers are working and the loco runs on roll test stand with the decoder, of course!
And I have decided to insatll the large speaker into the smokebox, what a full sound!

Thanks again, Doc!
Slowly it is difficult to find the right name, my friend's ideas are almost uncounted. And now also additional ideas are given from his wife!
Cheers, Bernd

Helper service is often needed on the Stoney Creek incline---today Trainmaster #2900 lends a helping hand

[Image: cc04643a-c9b7-448b-bf18-c4de9dad3343_zpseefaw4ns.jpg]
AT&SF #1825 is switching the Second Street Industrial Area.

[Image: dsc02154f2und.jpg]