Red or UnRead Indications on the left.
Just a thought. Any quick and dirty way to somehow eliminate the red "unread" indicator on the left after a forum area has been looked at.

For example. I don't read every thread in the Upper Berth Category. However because I don't the indicator/icon on the left always stays read. Is there a way to change the settings so that if a subforum has been viewed it turns white, even if all the threads in that forum have not been read? Just curious. Thanks.
If you go to the main forums page (board index) there is a button you can click on the top of the page on the right side that says "mark forums read". when you click that all the threads change from red to white.... Misngth

You can also do this for each sub-forum. Click on the sub-forum in question, and instead of clicking on "mark forums read" click the "mark topics read" and all the topics in that particular sub-forum will change from red to white Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Doh! 35

Thanks Josh. Thumbsup
I still think that this one would be useful, though. Misngth

Wayne
No Problem Cheers

doctorwayne Wrote:I still think that this one would be useful, though. Misngth

Wayne

Wayne i agree with you, that would be quite useful to easily tell if you have posted a reply to a topic Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Don't know if this is possible with php. Peter switched us to vBulletin way back when, and that was a feature they had. Only Pat can tell us if something like that is possible using php.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I don't think there is with the software we are running now, but there may be some mod that can be added on. I'll have to look a bit later when I get a moment. I have to admit, there have been a couple times when I wished we had gotten vBulletin. I think phpBB works well and is very fast, but I know a lot of people were used to the way that software worked. :?
path Wrote:I don't think there is with the software we are running now, but there may be some mod that can be added on. I'll have to look a bit later when I get a moment. I have to admit, there have been a couple times when I wished we had gotten vBulletin. I think phpBB works well and is very fast, but I know a lot of people were used to the way that software worked. :?
I'm kind of split, although we're familiar with vBulletin, there are some aspects and features of php that I like, and a few that I don't. And we had something before vBulletin, so we had to get use to that where Peter switched us.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD