Norwegian bureaucracy at its best...
Is this the world's safest pedestrian crossing..?:

[Image: wspc.jpg]
Photo: Gunnar Lohne
Looks like the magazine is not for free

Vil du lese denne og andre eksklusive artikler på nett?
Du får: Full digital tilgang til alle RB + artikler, papiravisen i digitalt format og eAvisen Rix (nasjonale og internasjonale nyheter)
Bli abonnent!
5,-
For 5 uker
Reinhard
Sorry Reinhard, I have updated the original post.
Looks like our local authorities studied at the same university. Thanks for posting.
Reinhard
Whoever did this could get a job in our government anytime! Eek Nope

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Svein, you HAVE seen our government lately haven't you. You guys are ahead of the curve.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Well they did leave out any protection in case an airplane tries to land at the crossing. Sevin, you must contact your officials and see to it that the proper signage is installed to keep pedestrians from getting hit in the head by low flying planes.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
I've seen this type of thing before, they install the signage thinking that in the future, they will continue the road somewhere that will attract traffic.

I have a better one, but no picture.

We had new construction where I work. We had a playground installed, after the park lights were installed on their poles. Yup, the sliding board ends right at a pole... OUCH!!!!!

I wonder if the argument went like this:
Foreman: The plans say to point the slide North.
Apprentice: But if we do, the kids will slide spread-eagle into that light pole
F: But the drawings say NORTH! - So we go North!!!!
A: Okayyyyy.......

Then to make it even sillier, the job boss instructed his electrical foreman to "Move the pole - ASAP!!!!!!"
Well, now the playground is still locked, because there is this huge hole with electric wires sticking up out of the hole at the bottom of the slide. Eek

............ We're still waiting for the Landscaping Foreman to get around to covering the wires and filling the hole.. Nope 35 Nope 35 Nope

It started 3 months ago, so we're not holding our breath. You can't make this stuff up!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I've had situations like that on my model railway...

Years ago in Toronto, there was a 15 mph speed limit sign right at a brick wall. There had been a laneway between two buildings, but one was rebuilt or something and the laneway disappeared.

We have a laneway in Guelph and on one side is a sign showing that 2 hour parking starts there and goes right across the lane.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Well, apparently there is a rather boring story to it. When building a new bus terminal in the area a couple of years ago, this road went from a roundabout to a temporary terminal. When the new terminal was finished, they removed the temporary terminal, but didn't bother to remove the pedestrian crossing or signs, as there are plans for a new road here sometime in the future, and then the crossing will have its intended purpose again.