"View New Posts" area
Is there any way that the posts could linger in the "view new posts" area for at least 24 hours.
I rely on this area to read the new posts and often they must come and go before I even see them.
A separate link to "today's posts" would work, but the former would probably be better and less work.
Charlie
I agree, both would be of value to have. I'll have to defer this to Pat though since I don't have access to these setting and so I don't know if it's an available feature of php or not. In case Pat is not aware, vBulletin had "view new posts" and "view today's posts". I like php's "new" posts since on vBulletin, once you read a post, it left the list. Here, if you read it, the icon just goes from red to gray for a while, which is handy. "Today's" posts were simply all those from the past 24 hours, read or otherwise.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Charlie, what I do when the View New Post doesnt have a lot, is go back to Board index then to View Active Topics

View active topics has the new posted threads stick around until they are replaced Cheers
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
tomustang Wrote:Charlie, what I do when the View New Post doesnt have a lot, is go back to Board index then to View Active Topics

View active topics has the new posted threads stick around until they are replaced Cheers
That's a good alternative, but it does go back a ways.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD