Weekly Photo Fun 8/4 - 8/11
WOW, been a long time since I started this thread, hope I don't step on anyones toes doing this Misngth

Got a shot of one of the last CNW Dash 9's unpatched rolling through UP's Rock Valley Sub Thumbsup
[Image: DSCN2589.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Great shot Deano Thumbsup Looks like Barney Secord has been flying over Leetown recently with this overhead shot of the James St. roundhouse

[Image: 35988657440_b3305cbd52_k.jpg]
We put the girls back together..

DL&W 663 and 664 are all set for the road. We spent yesterday giving them a good once over as 663 (the trailing unit ) had been out of service for three years. She had lots of sticky/frozen contacts and valves that needed attention. Our F-3b, 664b will be joining the set this fall. This shot was taken right after the F's got a bath.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Finally got a new motor and a decoder in my PRR B6Sb switcher, now to finish the paint, and lettering , then make it look old, overworked, and rusted, just 4 years away from the scrapper's torch.     Charlie
Great shots guys!!! Worship

Remember when the WPF threads were popular, alive with MANY awesome shots every week.... Smile ...probably is still like that, I just always decide to model in the summer when everyone else takes a break from modeling. I always have marched to the beat of a different drum I guess Misngth .

ANYWAYS, here is another shot taken by Stoney Creek On the Rock Valley Sub
[Image: DSCN2596.jpg]

I know I take a lot of shots by the creek, I have a 13' section on the layout that is coverd with plaster, real uneven land, hilly, I like that section so I end up taking a bunch of shots from there.
Steve---this one's for you.Doctor Wayne and I spent a great day chasing CP's 150 Anniversary train

[Image: 35660539903_9993b210f1_k.jpg]

[Image: 36331469631_8ee7b5bde9_k.jpg]
Those photos are a study in f-unit details Mr. Nutbar. We have a mix of high and low fans, different antennas, at least two different side grills. More MU sockets then you can shake a stick at. Custom drib edges, some with mufflers some with out, looks like 3 different winterization hatches. Side skirts of all kinds of styles, oversized mirrors, a mix of bell configurations and even ditch lights. Each unit has it's own personality that they picked up over the years of rebuilds and special service. I wonder is they have the same type of quarks on the inside. Probably a mix of dash 2, pneumatic, and more modern electronic controls. I wonder if one of them still has an old reverse current relay, like 664. Great group of shots sir.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Ed, I am glad you and Wayne had some interesting railfanning today. Thanks for sharing those pictures. In the meantime I ran the old lady to Lowtown to do some work and took time to pose for a picture. She's starting to show her age.     Charlie
Excellent contributions this week gentlemen---reminds me of the good old times of WPF.Here's more shots of those classic CPR F-units

[Image: 36331461511_200fbcdfc3_k.jpg]

[Image: 35660523913_058e785e23_k.jpg]

[Image: 36334942371_e8649d14c5_k.jpg]

[Image: 36426478696_2019391fc9_k.jpg]
cn nutbar Wrote:Excellent contributions this week gentlemen---reminds me of the good old times of WPF.

I couldn't agree more! Thumbsup Applause

Since we are on F units, how about a Milwaukee Road F9
[Image: DSC02761.jpg]
Wayne/Nutbar
How did you find out about the train? Was it mentioned anywhere outside of railfan publications?
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
... wrong forum, sorry
Reinhard
Hi David---our local newspaper (Spectator) had an article last week announcing the train would be at Hamilton's Kinnear Yard from 5-9pm.I did a google search to determine the train's schedule prior to coming to Hamilton and then contacted another local rail-fanner who was very familiar with scheduling and timetables.Wayne and I had a pretty good idea when/where the train would arrive and waited at Hamilton West for an hour or so and then chased the train to Kinnear Yard.Our timing worked out well---there were already other rail-fanners at Kinnear but we were able to get lots of unobstructed pictures before the crowds arrived.