Weekly Photo Fun---18/08-25/08
My turn to start off this week---hopefully it will be another good one.Most railroads had their own signature features that made their equipment unique and the Canadian National Railway had many on their steam,diesels,passenger,freight cars and cabooses.Here's a sample of these features on a couple of CNR steam locomotives :boiler tube pilots,pilot handrails,number plates under the headlight,triangular number boards and the Elesco feedwater heaters and spoked pilot wheels.These features were not uniform on all their locomotives and different applications made their steam locomotives that more interesting.

[Image: 36607788156_9ed202da68_k.jpg]
While the Grand Valley was a much smaller road, with a limited roster which included only Moguls and Consolidations, they too had their distinguishing traits.
Among those were visored headlights, CNR-style front handrails, Espee-style number boards, short, clear vision tenders, and white striping, along with white sidewalls on all wheels. All locos were fitted with the ubiquitous Bachmann-style cab, with oxide-red cab roofs and metal sunshades on the cab windows...

[Image: EGEwreckdetour003.jpg]

[Image: Stoker-equippedConsolidation003.jpg]

[Image: NewCameraPhotos-2013003.jpg]

[Image: Re-builtMoguls048.jpg]

[Image: Picturesfromnewcamera-2013045.jpg]

[Image: NewYearsChallengePhotos070.jpg]

[Image: freshphotos013.jpg]

Wayne
WPMA-40 sets out a flat car with some type of machinery parts at Pier 34.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Trying to get supplies to us faster hitching a ride with UPS trailers today    
Icon_lol Charlie
Great start to this weeks thread!! Thumbsup Applause

Here's one from me this week, and look, its an STE Tanker in the pic too, WOW, how lucky to get UP with STE too :o ..... Misngth
[Image: DSCN2580.jpg]
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
UP SD40-2 Wrote:.... and look, its an STE Tanker in the pic too, WOW, how lucky to get UP with STE too :o ..... Misngth

C,mon, Deano...you're not supposed to bring your work home with you. It's the weekend! Misngth

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:C,mon, Deano...you're not supposed to bring your work home with you. It's the weekend! Misngth

Wayne
LOL!, I know Wayne, I know, sadly it really happens often Sad .
I seen that tanker and had to get it, its much like one of the models we build Thumbsup
UP SD40-2 Wrote:
doctorwayne Wrote:C,mon, Deano...you're not supposed to bring your work home with you. It's the weekend! Misngth

Wayne
LOL!, I know Wayne, I know, sadly it really happens often Sad .
I seen that tanker and had to get it, its much like one of the models we build Thumbsup
That's a nice trailer, but if that is transporting flux it has 3% too many wheels. Misngth
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:That's a nice trailer, but if that is transporting flux it has 3% too many wheels. Misngth
Charlie
To many wheels Charlie? , not hardly, how about one of STE's famous 8 axle tankers, we build about 4 of these a year Eek .....
(I'm the guy in the gray shirt)
[Image: IMG_20131030_080800_0.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20131030_080920_0.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20131030_081157_0.jpg]

Now the next step up from an STE 8 axle IS A RR TANK CAR! Thumbsup 357
On rare occasions, its OK when your layout has no back drop Thumbsup

1:1 scale #4465 and #4935 look on as scale versions of themselves operate on our Heavy Electric Modules, during Model Railroad Days at the RR Museum of PA

[Image: P8191134.jpg]

[Image: P8191144.jpg]

A few of my models happen to be preserved at the RR museum of PA. Metroliner 860 passes some Silverliners. #860 is the last intact original Metroliner. I will have to get a photo with the prototype tomorrow when I return.

[Image: P8191122.jpg]

#4756 and #5690 are in fact, one and the same. The museum restored the B1 switcher to its earlier scheme and number, but it was retired in the form shown here. Originally, I had numbered this as #4751, the very last B1 in service, but the model itself better represented 4756, which motivated me to change the number. Still, I suspect I need to change the style of roadnumber entirely for it to be accurate.

[Image: P8191126.jpg]

I also put Reading MU #800 on display. Its not quite ready yet, but I figured it would be good enough for most people. The decals aren't all the way set. I figured since the real #800 is in the museum, I should count the rivets on the prototype before I permanently apply the decals with solvaset! Indeed, it appears a roadnumber might be slightly crooked.

[Image: P8191189.jpg]
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Nice backdrop ! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Deano , what are they using that frame for with all those axles ???? I see airbags Is that part of a trailer frame??? Must be hard to turn??? I also like the cabover!!!!Thumbsup
CNR U4A Northern #6400 was the first of five of these streamlined locomotives that the railroad used on their premier passenger trains.This locomotive was a regular on the Leetown Division hauling company employee appreciation specials to the shores of Port Maitland on Lake Erie

[Image: 36293657260_2be70026f4_k.jpg]
Prepping for today's running. With the excursion power on the right, 26 pulls off the turntable to get serviced.

lets get her coaled and washed up for this morning's trips.

Here I'm perched on top of Nay Aug tunnel to get a shot of the yard shuttle as it comes to a stop just short of the tunnel entrance. The yard limits extent to the to the other side of the tunnel but this is the turnaround point for this trip.

A few moments after 26 backed clear of the main, the excursion to Cresco comes into view. This 250kb thing is killing me I had to knock this last pic down to 680x453 in order to get it to fit. I wish we were in the MB range and out of the KB range.

After that last shot it was a race to get back to the car and down to Tobyhanna for this one.