Weekly Photo Fun 12/8 - 12/14/17
LMS 700, a C40-8W, heads up coal train WPCA-31x thru Chestnut Neck.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

CNJ 113 on the Santa train last weekend.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Sunday morning empties pick up

[Image: 27175751109_f72fb4bb34_c.jpg]
Reinhard
Some new-ish additions to the freight car fleet...

A Branchline reefer kit, originally a billboard-style beer reefer, painted and re-lettered for my free-lanced Grand Valley Export Ltd. Lettering is a combination of C-D-S dry transfers and Champ decals. I replaced all of the sill steps and grabirons with metal parts, and added K-type brake gear, from Tichy, as that part was missing from the kit...

[Image: 100_7104.jpg]

...this one was bought as a body shell only, a Proto1000 Fowler boxcar from Lifelike Canada. I added a scratchbuilt floor, along with some weights, then removed all of the free-standing plastic grabirons, replacing them with custom-bent wire ones. I also added the car's dimensional data (which was missing from the car due to a production error), using Champ decals. The non-matching trucks are deliberate, replicating a not uncommon prototypical occurrence. The roofwalk was also replaced, as those on these models were too short by 6" on both ends. Building this car helped me to notice that I had made a mistake a few years ago when I did six of these cars, so I gathered them up and re-worked their floors to allow the cars to ride lower, more like their prototypes. I also had to alter the way the the floors attach to the cars...more work than I had intended, but better looking results than the original...

[Image: 100_7105.jpg]

This car has been in my possession for several years, but I recently saw a photo of the prototype, with the caption pointing out the car's black roof and ends. While this Accurail car has the proper front-facing goat herald for the early life of these cars, the roof and ends were the same colour as the car. Five or six minutes with a brush and some PollyScale paint righted that situation, and I used Champ decals to redo the reporting marks and car number on the re-painted ends...

[Image: 100_7106.jpg]

This one's another re-painted Branchline kit, originally representing a billboard-style beer reefer. After stripping off the lettering, I re-worked the car somewhat, adding hatch platforms to the roof and a platform for the brake wheel, too. This car also got metal steps and grabirons. I had the Microscale lettering on-hand, a partially-used set, bought for a couple of bucks, from my LHS. The two reefers were from the same shop, and were free-ish....I'm painting a couple of locomotives for the owner, so a downpayment, I guess...

[Image: 100_7107.jpg]

Wayne
Dropping tank cars at industry #3.

[Image: 39003057701_8a76b7c2b1_c.jpg]
Reinhard
EG&E Warrior class Northern #506 is a regular on the Leetown Division.Here she is approaching Christophers Landing

[Image: 27238935689_a14f9cfa37_k.jpg]
Many years after Ed's pic(above), EG&E Northern #501 is out for some run-by shots. This engine is one of the steam fans favorites at the Rock Valley Railway Museum Thumbsup
[Image: DSCN2864.jpg]
EDIT: I wrote EG@E Warrior class in my description, but upon further thought I am embarrassed to say I am not sure if 501 is a "Warrior class", as it looks to possibly be a heavier engine then 506? does that make it a different class? Enquiring minds want to know Wink
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Nuttin' t' worry about - they're the same class, just from different orders. Nice to see them again.

Wayne
Here's another locomotive from the EG&E backshops at Lowbanks that is in captive service on the Leetown Division---Berkshire #3002

[Image: 38147008505_7403e60f8d_b.jpg]

[Image: 38147010045_93736210a1_b.jpg]