Limits on attachments?
Mike, the thread has been around for ten years, and on the previous version of Big Blue, the photos were in attachment form, too.

To be included as attachments, photos must be re-sized to 500kb or less, and all were, of course, so re-sized.  On my old Windows computer, I had a "Power Toy" which could re-size a file of 500 photos in a matter of seconds.  On my much newer Mac, each needs to be done individually, and takes several minutes.

The only reason that I'm bothering with this at all is because of the impermanence of photos linked from photobucket, but I'm starting to realise that none of this will be all that permanent anyways.  I doubt that many Members go through older posts anyway, but I was offering links to those on other Forums with questions which, in my opinion, might be well-served by stuff which should be readily available here.

Most of my photos were taken with cameras that are not capable of extremely large file sizes - photobucket automatically re-sizes photos without need for any user input, and I generally use those photos for one-off types of posting, such as the WPF threads.

I certainly don't wish to deter viewers, but I'm sure that anyone on dial-up or with similar limitations won't be cruising this or any other site looking for photos.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
Limits on attachments? - by doctorwayne - 07-17-2018, 03:26 PM
RE: Limits on attachments? - by ezdays - 07-17-2018, 04:43 PM
RE: Limits on attachments? - by ezdays - 07-17-2018, 04:52 PM
RE: Limits on attachments? - by doctorwayne - 07-17-2018, 06:34 PM
RE: Limits on attachments? - by doctorwayne - 10-04-2018, 12:23 AM
RE: Limits on attachments? - by Tyson Rayles - 10-04-2018, 04:42 AM
RE: Limits on attachments? - by doctorwayne - 10-04-2018, 10:22 AM
RE: Limits on attachments? - by doctorwayne - 10-06-2018, 04:43 PM