Mix ratio for Tru-colors paint?
I went to Tru-Color's site, and while the FAQ area does note that the paint can be thinned, they don't give any particular proportions.

This paint is based on the former Accupaint, one of my favourites.  The original formula wasn't, in my experience, all that good for use with a brush, but it was excellent when thinned with ordinary lacquer thinner and applied with an airbrush.  I still have several bottles of Accupaint, and for airbrushing, generally found that 2/3 paint with 1/3 thinner seemed to work well.  However, the paint's formula has supposedly been altered somewhat.  I'm not a fan of pre-thinned paint (you're paying paint-prices for what amounts to thinner), but I'd suggest you do a test with 3/4 paint and 1/4 thinner.

Apply it on some material similar to that of the kits (the inside of the car, perhaps), and then adjust the original 3/1 ratio up or down as you deem necessary.  Most solvent based paints seem pretty forgiving when it comes to thinning, so add paint or thinner to suit, and keep track of the ratios.  Once you find a suitable ratio, it should work for pretty-well all of the colours available.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
Mix ratio for Tru-colors paint? - by twilight - 07-22-2018, 07:34 AM
RE: Mix ratio for Tru-colors paint? - by doctorwayne - 07-22-2018, 09:41 AM
RE: Mix ratio for Tru-colors paint? - by dave1905 - 08-03-2018, 07:25 AM
RE: Mix ratio for Tru-colors paint? - by twilight - 08-04-2018, 05:31 AM
RE: Mix ratio for Tru-colors paint? - by twilight - 08-05-2018, 10:39 AM
RE: Mix ratio for Tru-colors paint? - by twilight - 08-06-2018, 05:27 PM