Local Phoenix train store closing
(11-11-2018, 06:32 PM)ezdays Wrote:
(11-11-2018, 08:39 AM)nachoman Wrote: Its not just train stores....all local retail is dying.  Even big box sores.   We wind up buying lots of kids stuff on amazon because stores dont carry it anymore.  Frustrating to go to target to buy shoes for your kids and to find they stock nothing in their size.   I do go to hobby bench from time to time but mostly buy paint or scratchbuilding supplies.  Its actually a decent store.
Yup, go to Walmart and see if you can find shoes like they used to sell, but slowly got down to what was left in the warehouse, odd sizes, no decent color choice if you did find a pair that fit.  And I'm talking adult, men and women. Go to Costco and try to buy something you bought a while back and liked, but is no longer stocked. Big box stores are closing in record numbers, some completely.

There is an animated movie, Wall-e (a cleanup robot), about how earth became inhabitable. It was run by one company, B&N, stores, banks, transportation and government all the same company and so everyone left and lived on huge self-sufficient space ships, also owned by B&N. Is that a prediction of things to come?????? Eek

Some day all that will be left wil be amazon and walmart...then again 100 years ago people may have feared that by 1930 all we would have was Sears and Wollworth ?
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread
Local Phoenix train store closing - by ezdays - 11-10-2018, 03:08 PM
RE: Local Phoenix train store closing - by ezdays - 11-11-2018, 07:12 AM
RE: Local Phoenix train store closing - by ezdays - 11-11-2018, 06:32 PM
RE: Local Phoenix train store closing - by nachoman - 11-13-2018, 12:23 AM
RE: Local Phoenix train store closing - by Brakie - 11-13-2018, 10:58 AM
RE: Local Phoenix train store closing - by Brakie - 11-14-2018, 10:20 PM