Representing Brake Gear - More Art Than Science
(03-29-2020, 11:48 PM)iandrewmartin Wrote: ...I have been referring back to your post for some time now and meant to ask what chain you used for the handbrake chain?

The finest chain that I've been able to locate is 40 links per inch, at least twice as large as it should be...perhaps even three times as large as chain that would be to-scale.

I usually get it from Detail Associates, but I'm not sure if that company is even still extant.  I did find some on-line last year, and got three feet of the same chain for only a couple of bucks.  I wish now that I'd bought more, but I have at least 5' or 6' of it on-hand, and not a lot of rolling stock yet to be built - five 40' single sheathed automobile cars and a number of wood-sheathed head-end cars to scratchbuild, and a few Train Miniature cars to work-over a bit.  I have a bunch of hoppers to do, too, but they won't likely require any chain.
I'd also like to build a few specialty cars for MoW service, but they'll have to wait until my backlog of locomotive conversions is cleared-up.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Representing Brake Gear - More Art Than Science - by doctorwayne - 03-30-2020, 09:29 AM