Representing Brake Gear - More Art Than Science
Thanks for those "links", Ian (very appropriate in a discussion regarding  chain).

The 2mm chain scales-out to about 7" in HO, while the 1.6mm stuff is a little better at around 5.7".  However, the .55mm anchor chain, at just under 2"HO, is getting a lot closer to "scale".

While I'm tempted to order some of the latter, Alibaba's Membership Agreement and terms and conditions go on quite extensively, making it easy to get lost in the legal jargon. 
The price is good and the product, if it's as advertised, looks good, too, but in addition to my caution regarding membership, I seriously doubt that I could execute the manoeuvres necessary to connect it to both the clevis on the brake cylinder's actuating rod and to the rod which supposedly connects to the car's brakes.

Fashioning and installing a "D"-shaped link for the chain-to-clevis connection and a loop to connect to the brake rod is already the most time-consuming part for me when adding brake gear.  I think I'm going to have to stick with a representation of the chain, rather than an actual to-scale version.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Representing Brake Gear - More Art Than Science - by doctorwayne - 03-31-2020, 09:39 AM