memory lane
I just got through giving my paint supply its yearly shake and found that I now have only 15 cent testors left used up the last 10 cent bottle a while ago , but still have several 10 cent pactra's left, I'm thinking that some of them are like 40 + years old .  Eek  what's the oldest bottle you have left ?
Not sure about my paint, but I have a couple of rolls of tape that are well over 25-years old and are still sticky and usable. I would say that my oldest bottle or can of paint is around 10-15 years old if I had to guess.....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I only used spray cans as I need em', oldest probably not more than 2-3 years. Haven't bought paint in a bottle in over 20 years.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Now that testors is $790 a gallon I am buying i/2 pints of enamels at the hardware and mixing my own colors when I need enamels. I use craft paints and rattle cans for the most part. 
Cheap Charlie
I have one bottle of Floquil Pullman Green, made when Floquil Products Inc. was the company's registered name, and they were located in Cobleskill, NY.  I can't find any info on when they moved to New Amsterdam, or when they switched from the square bottles. like the one I have, to the round ones, of which I have 17.  It has  Floquil's trademark feather on the label, and that was registered in 1969, so I doubt that the paint pre-dates that time.  I first used Floquil paints in the mid-'50s, but the bottle mentioned is not from that period (unless it was very old stock when I bought it, probably in the early '70s).

I also have a couple of Floquil paint charts and their book, 1966 edition, on Painting Miniatures.

While I wouldn't attempt to use paint from that bottle for airbrushing, it's a very dark green, and perfect for brush application on the outer face of the wheels on freight cars.  Every so often, I add a little lacquer thinner to the bottle to keep the paint useable.

I also have a number of bottles of Floquil's Polly S, along with colour charts, which date from 1984.  This is not Pollyscale, which followed a couple of years later, and was, in my opinion, the best paint ever offered by Floquil, and superior to Testor's Model Masters paints, too. 

I have about a dozen bottles of Tamiya paint, dating from the late '70s.  I use them only occasionally, and mostly for small jobs using a brush, although I have airbrushed it in the past.

Wayne
interesting read doc .it caused me to look at my floquil box again I have 24 square bottles and there were two sizes of square bottles , the slightly smaller bottles are about 1/4 inch shorter and slightly smaller in girth , all the taller bottles are marked Cobleskill the shorter ones are marked both Cobleskill and Amsterdam .only have 4 round ones but they  have a logo of rpm on them also have a few bottles of the Polly S. have a few bottles of Tamiya from the late 90's  but find that the clear has turned an amber color in the bottle. oh by the way I still use the floquil in airbrush.
Yeah, I still use Floquil in my airbrush, too, just not the stuff in the old square bottle.  I hope to run out of projects before I run out of Pollyscale, though.

Wayne
never had any pollyscale , I was going to add the larger square bottles were 1&1/5 oz. the smaller ones were 1 oz. the larger ones were bought prior to 1981.
I still have several bottles of Polly-S paints and two bottles of Champ decal set I bought before Champ closed. I used up the last of my  Floquil  Weathered Black three years ago.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!