A Slight Improvement
(03-10-2019, 11:25 AM)doctorwayne Wrote: The plaques showing the industries and the layout of the various tracks is a good idea, Guy, but it would also help if your industries were advertising themselves with signs of some sort.

Wayne

I completely agree with you and my friend told me the same thing.  There are projects on the table.  Here are some of them.

ACME Wires & Cables will look like this as soon as I add the windows, the mortar and a little weathering.

The sign for Montreal Cookies is already done but only on mockup.

Same thing with Marchands unis de Québec (I will need a new ink cartrige though)

CNR Depot is a well know place in town and doesn't need any advertizement

A.D. Games (a small industry which name is based after my son Alain-Daniel who is a game programmer) has its sign on the front of the building.
(I don't think such a small industry would have a sign on the side facing the tracks)

Which is also true for Bob's Trucking.

Atlantic Seafoods will look like this as soon as I have time to make the signs. This is a photo montage.

Les produits pétroliers Leclerc (Leclerc Petroleum) has a huge sign nearer to the road (but unfortunately outside the layout)

SICO Paints will have a sign facing the other side so we will see its back only.

That will also the case for I.C. Cold Storage when it will have been repaired and upgraded.

Walker,s Brewery will have the name WALKER painted on the chimney even if this side is not visible from the road.

For St-Lawrence grains I will certainly place a large sign as it is a prominent building seen from far around. I still hesitate where I should put it. Maybe on the end. Still have to design it though.

And those two structures which are not serviced by the railroad will also have big signs on the roof as soon as I will decide a name.

Your work is always inspiring and I wish I had your talent and skills.
Guy from Southern Quebec.

Messages In This Thread
A Slight Improvement - by CNR5103 - 03-10-2019, 09:44 AM
RE: A Slight Improvement - by doctorwayne - 03-10-2019, 11:25 AM
RE: A Slight Improvement - by CNR5103 - 03-10-2019, 02:39 PM
RE: A Slight Improvement - by doctorwayne - 03-10-2019, 07:29 PM
RE: A Slight Improvement - by scribbelt - 03-11-2019, 07:51 AM
RE: A Slight Improvement - by Tyson Rayles - 03-11-2019, 07:55 AM
RE: A Slight Improvement - by Rscott417 - 03-11-2019, 03:31 PM
RE: A Slight Improvement - by tetters - 03-14-2019, 09:11 AM