another opinion
ok guys your most likely getting tired of my opinion questions, but have one more. as you know in revamping the Revell farm house I added a sleeping porch . the question is would you put down a valley strip or just go with overlapping the rows shingles to cover the  valley and eliminate the tin valley ?
Well, the metal valley is easier, I'd think, but both methods are prototypical.  The guy who did the original roofing on my self-built house did the all-shingle method.  As I recall, he called it a "west coast weave".  It looked great, and stood-up well to the weather, too.

Wayne
No one is getting tired of your opinion questions, first of all, it shows that you're working on your layout, secondly, it makes us think a bit more about modeling and possibly get us more interested in doing things ourselves.

As for this opinion, I personally don't have a clue as to what is better looking or more prototypical. Sometimes, folks add things to a house and use whatever materials are cheaper and easier to work with.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ok went with what Wayne called the west coast weave , though the roof is not finished thought I would share the results. I think its looks good as I said still on learning curve with the shingle material. 

Looks good, Jim! Applause Applause Applause  Who makes those shingles?

Wayne
Good choice, great job... Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
(03-29-2019, 08:19 AM)doctorwayne Wrote: Looks good, Jim! Applause Applause Applause  Who makes those shingles?

Wayne

here is the link to co.  http://www.besttrains.com/products_3000.html