Logging Locos, Logging Track Plan, Logging Mill, Mainline Pick-up
Per my previous posting, I have now laid my temp paper pattern for my trackplan down onto that upper deck plywood, and will proceed with some rough mocking-up of track elevations/fitting turnouts, etc.

There is a fair amount of elevated track in this area, and I am imagining that it will be riding over variable ground terrain,...NOT up on visible risers of any sort. But, for purposes of sorting out the grades, etc I am placing the track up on these cheap plastic risers for this planning exercise..
[Image: DSCF4418.JPG]

Of course I was concerned about the bridges proximity to the wall opening and its own grade, and the fitting of that spur line leading back down the left side.
[Image: DSCF4413.JPG]

I actually became quite concerned about the possible steepness of some of my incline grades when I first looked at the heights of those helix openings combined with the needs to get back down to 'ground levels' fairly quickly. After playing around with it today, I'm not so concerned now.

At first I just laid out some long alum tubes I had to see what sort of grades I was dealing with. BTW the bottoms of those square tubes represent the track levels. I then did some height measurements at the ends of those tubes, and the approx lengths of those inclines, then calculated the grades.
[Image: DSCF4412.JPG]
BTW the bottoms of those square tubes represent the track levels

My biggest grade was only 2.7%, over on the far left as it comes down the left side from that Y-turnout at the end of that bridge over the stream/pond area.
[Image: DSCF4416.JPG]

I think my saw mill and those log dumping tacks are going to have to be raised up about ¾ to 1 inch off the plywood deck. That will provide for a pond without cutting any of the plywood deck
[Image: DSCF4414.JPG]

[Image: DSCF4419.JPG]

[Image: DSCF4415.JPG]

There are no longer any holding tracks, nor finishing mill on the back wall. Rather this has been moved over to that far right corner/wall
[Image: DSCF4420%281%29.JPG]

Messages In This Thread
Gallows Style Turntable - by railandsail - 07-27-2019, 12:44 PM
Bridge Across Log Pond - by railandsail - 07-27-2019, 12:49 PM
RE: Logging Locos, Logging Track Plan, Logging Mill, Mainline Pick-up - by railandsail - 08-02-2019, 10:23 PM
15"radius vs 18" radius - by railandsail - 10-09-2019, 07:34 AM