Weekly Photo Fun 9/20 - 9/26/19
[quote="cn nutbar" pid='153358' dateline='1569330835']
Neat shot Doc---I'm curious about that blue car behind the locomotive ?
[/quote]

Thanks, Ed.

Barney rang me up a few days ago, and he, too, commented on that car.  He was calling from Elfrida (I believe he has a lady-friend....or two, in that town).
Anyway, he had seen what he thought to be the same car spotted at Bowyer's Manufacturing (the Broom Works) and was chuckling about the placard on the car's door.  He mailed me photo, which I received this morning...

[Image: 100_8145.jpg]

Apparently, the car should have been turned on the wye in Dunnville (one of the turnouts leading into that wye can be seen in the earlier photo, beside the middle loaded hopper and that empty gon on the icehouse siding).

Someone missed it, and the car will now have to either be returned to Dunnville or be taken to Lowbanks, where the car can be turned on the Erie Northshore's turntable, as there's no turning facility in Elfrida.

My guess is that it will go to Lowbanks, as it's already on Northshore's tracks anyway, even though they're not the ones that made the mistake. 

It might get done later today, but the car won't likely be returned to Bowyer's until tomorrow.  I hope that doesn't delay production at the Broom Works.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
Weekly Photo Fun 9/20 - 9/26/19 - by bdw9535 - 09-20-2019, 03:18 PM
RE: Weekly Photo Fun 9/20 - 9/26/19 - by doctorwayne - 09-24-2019, 10:13 AM