Sylvan SS and Westerfield USRA boxcar
Once I learned how to airbrush Pollyscale (by going to their website) I'd rate it as my all-time and all-purpose favourite paint...great for airbrushing and brush painting, fast drying, and very durable, and excellent shelf-life, too. I never cared for Model Masters - Testors made a mistake when they discontinued Pollyscale, and Rustoleum seems to want to get out of the model-paint business altogether. 
I believe that the Tru-Scale paint is a slightly revised version of SMP's Accupaint, a very nice paint for airbrushing, but not so useful for brushwork.
I have a bunch of Scalecoat I, and while it's okay, I'm not overly fond of it.  I'll likely use it for the dozen or-so steam locomotives I have left to paint, but that'll be it, I hope.  Using it for the multiple colours needed for steam makes it a multi-day painting process, due to its long drying time, while I could do an entire loco and tender in one session, with no masking needed (maybe a bit of cardstock acting as a shield for fussy areas) using Pollyscale, and all of the paint would be dry-to-the-touch by the time the airbrush had been cleaned...a two minute job, at most.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sylvan SS and Westerfield USRA boxcar - by doctorwayne - 08-04-2020, 01:19 AM