Sylvan SS and Westerfield USRA boxcar
Obviously, the C-D-S 560 set is for that CNR twin hopper.

There's at least one dealer at the Ancaster Train Show, in November, that carries a fairly good supply of C-D-S stuff, but there's no guarantee that there'll even be a train show this year.  If there is a show, I can look for that set, and mail it to you...if you're not in a rush, of course.

However, desperate times call for desperate measures, so if you don't mind juggling some of the numbers (governments and gangsters do it all the time) you could use almost any C-D-S CNR set meant for a boxcar-red piece of rolling stock, as most of those sets had the spelled-out roadname in the same size, and enough numerals to put together for an appropriate hopper number.
Fudging the dimensional data is a little more work, but not terrible if you don't worry about being completely prototypical.

A bit easier, regarding car numbers (especially on the ends, and small-print dimensional data) is to assemble the required dry transfer numerals on clear decal paper, and then apply it as one-piece decals, much like we used to get from Champ.

I have only a couple of CNR hoppers, and they're in the pre-war black paint scheme.  I'd offer a photo, but I'd have to find it in my disorganised disc collection, as Big Blue will not show images from the "new" version of photobucket...I've tried, but all that shows-up is this...

undefined

I did try to find a photo on-disc, and actually found the one I wanted, on the first disc that I viewed.  However, when enlarged, or "copied", to transfer to my desktop for re-sizing as an attachment, it enlarges as a totally different picture of a N&W hopper...talk about juggling numbers!

Anyway, here's the two hoppers in a just-taken-a-minute-ago picture...

...not that it'll be much help in finding that C-D-S set.

Glen, those parts that I got from Bowser, from their very nicely-done ACF covered hoppers, may have been available only because I was in their store in Montoursville, and was picking-up a fairly large (several hundred dollars) pre-order.  It probably wouldn't hurt, though, if you contacted the retail Sales Manager, Richard Cox, as he was the one with whom I dealt in-store.  I simply asked if I could buy the parts that I wanted, and he wrote-down the part numbers, went into the back room where the pad printing is done, and came back with the parts I needed.  (I can provide an e-mail address if you wish to contact him.)

EDIT:  Glen, I just now saw your post in Swap Meet, and wanted to mention that Black Cat Publishing do offer some decals suitable for your boxcar.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sylvan SS and Westerfield USRA boxcar - by doctorwayne - 08-15-2020, 09:58 PM