Sylvan SS and Westerfield USRA boxcar
(08-22-2020, 09:36 PM)cnrglen Wrote: .....and while I was building one, why not build three:

[Image: 2020822232851_DSCF8853.JPG]

I agree....once I get into a project, I find that it's a good choice to make as many similar items as I think will be needed.  If I put it off, the next session for me is trying to remember how I built those items, so more time wasted.

(08-22-2020, 09:36 PM)cnrglen Wrote: As well yesterday my new decals from Black Cat arrived:

[Image: 2020822233039_DSCF8854.JPG]

I'm sure that I've read more than once that the CNR's open cars (gondolas, hoppers and flatcars) were black up until WWII, and then brown/freight car red, afterwards, which seems contrary to the labelling on the decal's envelope.  Since I'm modelling the late '30s, most of my CNR hoppers and gondolas are black, although I do have some Intermountain CNR gondolas in boxcar red/brown, dating from an earlier layout set in a later timeframe.  I don't have any CNR flatcars.

I doubt that Al Ferguson would be wrong, though, as he's been offering very nicely-done decals for some time.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sylvan SS and Westerfield USRA boxcar - by doctorwayne - 08-23-2020, 12:49 PM