Remaking of the Ridley Keystone & Mountain
It has been a week since I posted I was starting this project. The first order of business was clearing off the layout. This meant packing away the locomotives and rolling stock strewn about the layout. As of today there is one locomotive I need to box. It is my NYO&W FTA and FTB. Problem is they are permanently connected with a drawbar and therefore are too big for the containers I have. I don't want to have to unscrew the drawbar each time I store them or take them out.

You can see the FTB in the first photo.

[Image: ZPzUWy1.jpg]

The collection of buildings still has to go

[Image: eiHP6G1.jpg]

Stray cars mostly gone from this area. There is a passenger coach behind the grain elevator

[Image: XsCmFNZ.jpg]

This area used to be filled with locos, rolling stock, and junk. Pretty clean except for some rolling stock that either does not fit in the box it came in or does not have a box

[Image: UmzcZ8g.jpg]

The rolling stock from last week's run by is still there.

[Image: fgbiw59.jpg]

The corner from hell is looking better.

[Image: xjy6Lqw.jpg]

The Water Tower diorama area mostly cleared.

[Image: ppihyug.jpg]

Here are the locos that do not fit in their original boxes plus a couple oddballs. These are almost all Proto 2000. I like Wayne's storage method but at the moment I don't have the resources and material to use it. When I have time it may well become the prefered method. In the meantime I had purchased these containers awhile back.

[Image: yYP35FG.jpg]

Here are the locos that fit in their boxes.

[Image: qyG2T2q.jpg]

Moving forward I need to finish clearing the layout. Find a box for the FT's, put the cabooses and the rolling stock from the run by in their boxes. Then store the boxless rolling stock.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remaking of the Ridley Keystone & Mountain - by tompm - 07-21-2020, 09:19 PM