Remaking of the Ridley Keystone & Mountain
Progress has slowed basically due to a lack of track. One order arrived but this included only half of the turnouts I need. The other switches have been sitting in Kansas City Postal Facility for a week now. I have used this time to make some carboard placers representing the footprint of some unbuilt or yet to be acquired structures. After placing several I realized the third loop aka the far inside loop will need to be redesigned in the area of the station.

I have some structure kits I can build in the meantime. I found an old International Hobby Corp Sand and Fuel Depot kit near the bottom of a pile of structure kits. I am about halfway done the kit after a few days. I had to airbrush the fuel tank as the color in the kit was brown. I have never seen a brown fuel tank. To me they are either black or grey. I forgot how much of pain airbrushing can be with clean up. I need to come up with a better way to change colors without having to breakdown and clean the airbrush.

Here is the Passenger Station Area and some of the middle loop.

[Image: 8aLZjRG.jpg]

This is more of the middle loop and the possible engine facility with some building footprints.

[Image: fMRBFiR.jpg]

The Sand and Fuel Depot kit

[Image: L4VS0F2.jpg]

The kit parts

[Image: qAvuYcP.jpg]
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remaking of the Ridley Keystone & Mountain - by tompm - 03-08-2021, 10:52 PM