Remaking of the Ridley Keystone & Mountain
I realized I have not posted any progress on the Coaling Tower.

First shot is from Monday, the 15th. I have gotten most of the conveyor tower done at this point. This was something of a problem as the backwall piece (with the bracing) was warped. It took some time and patience to get the side walls attached properly.

[Image: KJjkZB7.jpg]

By Tuesday I have the bin nearly completed and the chutes for the covered track. The chutes are a pain in the rear. I gave upon trying to rig them and have them move. The black thread that came with the kit is useless. It frays and unravels too easily and is too big for any of the holes it is supposed to pass through. I did find a metallic thread in my wife’s craft box which was thinner and seemed to work but the fact you must have X-ray vision and move the thread with your mind as you set the two sides of the bin together made it impossible.

Again, the warped piece made for some frustrations, but it was not as bad as the first time.

[Image: CYI63GV.jpg]

Tonight, I finished adding parts to the front of the tower. I also built the chutes. I am debating whether I am going to rig them, so they move or not.

The small walkway was a pain as there are no marks or anything to tell you where the braces go. The instructions just say to glue them. From the picture on the box, I figured out they go against the diagonal braces at the vertical member. The ones on the end have nothing to help you. I placed the walkway and then the end braces to match it.

[Image: Xr8OIwj.jpg]
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remaking of the Ridley Keystone & Mountain - by tompm - 03-17-2021, 08:52 PM