Remaking of the Ridley Keystone & Mountain
Frustration and annoyance are rearing themselves again as I try to figure out this engine terminal layout. The photos below show the latest attempt.

I am satisfied with the coaling tower and the ash pit track configuration. Currently I don’t believe they will change much in future. The Engine House appears to be in the right place although I wish it could be closer to the coaling tower.

The Water Tower could move some, but I feel it is almost in the best spot. Now the sand depot and fuel depot are the ones I am most unsure about. The biggest question I have in regard to them is bringing in sand and fuel to off loaded into the depot. The track behind them is my attempt at a solution.

I am not happy with the amount of real estate the track configuration is taking up. I know I need to remember this is a model railroad and compression is needed and accepted in many cases. I am just having some trouble getting my head around that concept at times. The other area I am hung up on is storing full/empty coal hoppers, gondolas for ash, hoppers for sand, and tank cars. I feel I am thinking too big when it comes to the number of cars that would be at the engine terminal at one time.

I am interested in your opinions and thoughts.

[Image: XIMpebn.jpg]

[Image: hz0JA00.jpg]

[Image: VNmmneU.jpg]

[Image: 66SavXr.jpg]
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remaking of the Ridley Keystone & Mountain - by tompm - 06-14-2021, 09:57 PM