Remaking of the Ridley Keystone & Mountain
For this update there are not many photos as most of it takes place under the layout.

Last night I added additional feeders to both the inside and outside tracks and connected them to the appropriate bus lines. There are six sets of feeders on each track. I also used plastic rail joiners to separate the tacks. I wired the two bus lines to a circuit breaker that can accommodate six blocks. I then wire the circuit breaker to the power pack. With the wiring done I fired up the power pack on DC and ran some trains successfully. I then switched the power pack to DCC and tested it successfully.

Tonight I hooked up the NEC Power Cab DCC Starter Set my daughter gave for Christmas. It took me about 10 minutes to get everything done and then I ran some trains.

[Image: eTCkJAR.jpg]

I ran the loco around the layout and tested the lights, bell, and horn. I guess I can now say my layout is DCC capable.

I still need to learn a good bit about the cab controller. I will be going over the manual the next few days. I guess I will need to start looking at DCC boards for my non DCC locos.

I still have more electrical work to do. I want to add more feeders to the inside and outside tracks. I then want to divide them into two blocks each. I also need to wire and isolate the thrid track.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remaking of the Ridley Keystone & Mountain - by tompm - 04-07-2022, 10:38 PM