Remaking of the Ridley Keystone & Mountain
I, like Deano, run the MRC Prodigy advance squared. I have an additional 8 amp booster which gives me a total of a little more than 11 amps. I currently have the layout divided into  5 power districts protected with Voltscooters set at 3 amps. I can easily run 15 locomotives at once (on different districts) and I have had over 30 idling in the yards. I used an 1156 bulb in series  with the main district wiring for protection against shorts until I discovered the voltscooters.  It is amazing how little current the new locomotives draw and that includes the Athearn locomotives from the 80's and up. 

Many of my locomotives are sound equipped and it can really get obnoxious so I like the fact they can be muted  I use the NCE DS13sr decoders in everything I have converted. A 10 pack can be had here. https://jasonshobbydepot.com/product/nce...w-524-121/  for a reasonable price, and I have found amber LEDs give a more desirable look to the older models for headlights. I add a 1000 ohm resistor to keep the LED from blowing out.  

There is also an option to run the trains with your phone so I have a couple throwaway trakfones for throttles too. 

Woodone is the DCC man on board  here and we need a good excuse to keep him active. Both him and Deano helped me in the beginning. 

Enjoy the trains/ Cheers
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remaking of the Ridley Keystone & Mountain - by Charlie B - 04-09-2022, 09:32 PM