Finally, some updates at Dunnville...
(07-14-2020, 02:18 AM)Schraddel Wrote: ...is Dunnville a regular station or only a stop for commuter trains?

Lutz

It's just a regular station, Lutz, but has an express wing to the left side, and a Canada Post building in the wing on the right side.  The main street-level entrance (not modelled, as it's on the unseen side of the structure) is into a three storey atrium, with ticket offices, baggage check and other railroad-related services on the lower level, while the upper levels are mostly high-end shops and restaurants, a magnet for the well-to-do citizens of the town, even when they're not planning on boarding a train.
The upper stories are mostly occupied by railroad executives and employees, along with some private enterprise.

Here's a view of the express wing...

...and a view looking south, along the tracks, showing the Post Office wing...

Here's another view which shows part of the station in its surroundings...

The actual town of Dunnville, here in southern Ontario, about 25 miles from where I live, at one time did have rail service, but that was years ago.  I've used only the name, as it's a fairly small town with about 6,000 residents, with little industry...not at all similar to my version.
All of the other towns on my layout are also named after real towns, but for the most part, don't bear much resemblance to their namesakes, either. 

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally, some updates at Dunnville... - by doctorwayne - 07-14-2020, 09:18 PM