Finally, some updates at Dunnville...
(07-26-2020, 05:40 AM)Schraddel Wrote: Wayne,

that platform canopy is looking very modern Thumbsup

Lutz

Thanks Lutz.  I was initially concerned that it would be too modern for the late '30s era of the layout, but a little on-line research showed that such platform covers had been around for some time.

(07-25-2020, 07:26 AM)ezdays Wrote: ....Another annoying thing is how tidy his work area is.

The only reason the area looks somewhat tidy is that the photo was taken in what was, at one time, the paint shop (which is now in a separate room in the garage, which is about a 100' behind the house - and not used as a garage).  I use this room mostly for soldering or working on largish structures, and for storing the paint and airbrush stuff.  

Here's a photo of the adjoining shop, where most of the building and repair work is usually done.  The "student desk" dates from pre-high school days, and, as you can see, explains why the earlier photo wasn't taken here...

...and from another angle...

Here's the two platforms with their roofs in place (.060" sheet styrene), and lined up in preparation for cementing them into a single unit...

...and here, with a substantial weight added to ensure a strong bond....

Next job will be painting the roof, top and underside, along with the trim at the eaves, plus any needed touch-ups and perhaps a little extra detail.

That work will be done atop the open drawers of the desk, as I can be seated there, and there's lots of adjustable light.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally, some updates at Dunnville... - by doctorwayne - 07-26-2020, 06:31 PM