Finally, some updates at Dunnville...
(07-28-2020, 11:09 AM)Schraddel Wrote: Very impressive Wayne,

now it is looking like an urban commuter station at a sleepy sunday or an bank holiday.
But we are keyed up how it will be looks alike at the rush hour. Imagine how hundreds of dashing commuters crowding the platforms in haste ...

Lutz

Thanks, Lutz, but I think that the crowds may have to wait, at least until I get the track ballasted...there's about 30' of it to be done.

(07-28-2020, 11:09 AM)Schraddel Wrote: ....I discovered brass jewelry onto you workbench, can we hope for new threads dealing with the rebuilding of rolling stock?

Lutz

Yeah, work on those two locos has been started, but I was sidetracked by other projects...not just the station platforms, but a couple of other locomotives for a friend.
One was a damaged and poorly-painted brass locomotive, while the other is a Tyco/Mantua Pacific, which I've modified into a Hudson.  I still need to install a decoder in it, plus a bunch of other hardware, as he's decided that it's going to become a so-called "dead-rail" loco.... battery-powered, and controlled remotely with a wireless handheld DCC throttle. 
It's turned into a rather expensive experiment (for him) and I was surprised that he was interested, as he's long been anti-DCC.  His layout is currently all DC, and he just wanted to try a locomotive that didn't need clean track in order to run reliably.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally, some updates at Dunnville... - by doctorwayne - 07-28-2020, 05:13 PM