Finally, some updates at Dunnville...
It appears that I've neglected to post photos of the completed area through town, so here are a few photos of the main lines through Dunnville, with the Saran wrap removed and the structures mostly back in their usual places...

Last night...well, actually this morning, I decided to ballast the last portion of the main line between what has been done recently in Dunnville and the Mercury Mills knitting factory near the edge of town.
With the lift-out removed (where the residential neighbourhood will be built), I used aluminum insulator's tape to create a temporary dam to prevent glue and ballast from falling onto the stuff stored on shelves beneath the layout.

With a suitable length of the tape laid face-down on a cutting mat, I removed about a 3/4" strip of the backing paper from one edge, then formed the exposed portion of the tape over the irregular face of the edge which abuts the lift-out...

This tape sticks like sh...um...excrement to a wool blanket, so even a thorough application of "wet" water and lots of diluted glue won't cause it to separate from the plywood sub-roadbed

The ballast and various ground cover is then applied, followed by a thorough spray of "wet" water, and a generous application of diluted white glue.

The two views below were the only ones I could get that are clear enough to show much, as there's not a good spot where the camera can be placed to get a decent view in the opposite direction....

The glue will not likely be hardened for a couple of days, as the ballast is fairly deep along the rear slope of the roadbed.

Once the tape is removed, I'll likely put the lift-out back in place for a while, as it looks like some non-model railroading tasks are beckoning.  I'm also considering some minor modifications to Mercury Mills.

More to come when I have time.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally, some updates at Dunnville... - by doctorwayne - 08-05-2020, 01:09 PM